Mark, let the nay-sayers speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark, let the nay-sayers speak

Let's not muzzle people like Yin who want to post negatively about the game or who want to indulge conspiracy theorys about Firaxis or who want to complain about the gameplay or make "unfairness comments".

Yin and those with him are generally quite reasonable in demeanor. Even if I don't agree with them (I mean 50$ is no biggie to me...so what's the complaints about seperate packaging) I think their voices should be heard.

Thank you! I thought my Open Beta test thread was quite funny in an upbeat negative way.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Where is this thread? Yin - A fellow nay-sayer?

What is this place? Who are you? What have you done with Civilization?!?!

Comment

let the nay-sayers speak
        what do you think i'm doing?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

HERE

Seems when *I* post these things, it should be locked ...
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Maybe if it has some semblance of seriousness...
            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Mark, let the nay-sayers speak

They can speak at PROT!

We are already working on the MP code!

And I just got sent something really interesting.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Good work Alexander

Comment

Maybe if it has some semblance of seriousness...
                  If 'seriousness' were the standard, this forum would die yesterday.

Comment

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Me thinks yin is just jealous (sp?) that he can't get Civ3 in Korea yet, and keeps telling himself (and everyone else ) that the game is really bad just to make the wait a little bit easier...

(No, I don't have the game either - I live in Sweden... )

Peace!
                      -- Roland

Comment

I never said I didn't think it was funny, I just won't take it seriously. It smells like a whine but doesn't look like one.
                        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Me thinks yin is just jealous (sp?) that he can't get Civ3 in Korea yet, and keeps telling himself (and everyone else ) that the game is really bad just to make the wait a little bit easier...
                          Naw ... I can 'get' it tonight, if I wanted. But I'm against warez out of principle.

Christantine The Great: I don't know which is worse: The sound of whining or of backs breaking from the extreme bending over.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26

Naw ... I can 'get' it tonight, if I wanted. But I'm against warez out of principle.
                            Call it a trial copy

I wouldn't feel bad about getting a warez - after all, what they released was no better than an unfinished Beta version with no MP

The trouble is I don't have a cable modem so warez files take forever to download to my machine
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Well, I doooo have cable. Naw. Here I am making a big deal about voting with my dollars ... I couldn't bring myself to then D/L the game. Friggen morals!

Comment

Working...
                              X