Some questions answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions answered

Well I got it this afternoon. One of the questions I hadn't seen answered was the city radius vs national border. Your city starts with only the radius immediately surrounding. But as I have just started I don't know how quickly it spreads. If there are any questions that haven't been ansered yet, let me know and I'll see what I can do. To my European Bretheren whom were not so lucky (and those who could not get it right off the bat). I am sorry, but I will try and keep you guys informed as I know I would want to be.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

How does it run on your system so far? Is there a big delay when the computer players have their turn as reported by Gamespot?

And WHY ARE YOU READING THIS YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING!!
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

So far there hasn't been any delays, even with the autosaves.

Specs-
      PIII-850
      1,280MB RAM (PC-100)
      HDD- ATA100
      ATI All-in-Wonder 128 (32MB)
      Sound Blaster Live!

----------------------------

Something I noticed about the editor, I only see an "ADD" button on the Governments Screen and the Culture Screen. I haven't figured out if there is a way to add other things yet.

I'll keep you posted
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

One other thing I noticed.

Version 1.07f
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Elucidus

Something I noticed about the editor, I only see an "ADD" button on the Governments Screen and the Culture Screen. I haven't figured out if there is a way to add other things yet.

I'll keep you posted
          I thought I saw in one of the posts that you could add techs and units via the editor but don't go looking for that now play the game!!!

On a side note:
          You know what I would like to see is someone play their first game on Diety and tell us all how quickly they get their butts kicked!
          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I'm playing on regeant the third difficulty setting. Didn't know which was equal to "prince". Also noticed that grassland with the white dots are in fact the shield producing grasslands.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

I cleared a forest and got 10 Shield...couldn't read what else it said it went by too fast. It also left the resource, "game," in the square.

I know not all of this may be new, but hey.

You gain +1 vision from mountains and hills.

City border and national border spread at 10 culture

I found a luxury resource, but it wasn't in my field of view. It was one tile out of it. I don't know if this is an ability of the Scout or not.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

Specs-
                PIII-850
                1,280MB RAM (PC-100)
                HDD- ATA100
                ATI All-in-Wonder 128 (32MB)
                Sound Blaster Live!
                1.2GB RAM? No wonder its fast...

Comment

Hey I found a good deal okay.

Well I figured out why I saw that resource. You can see hills and mountains one tile further than you can see other tiles.

Also they just did a "whose the most powerful" and I ain't even on the list.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

Also they just did a "whose the most powerful" and I ain't even on the list.
                    Sounds like you need to spend less time posting and more time Civing or else your going to get your buttocks kicked!

PS: I am thankful for the posting but you must realize that your dedication to us has left the door open for the AI to take advantage!

Comment

Originally posted by GodSpawn

1.2GB RAM? No wonder its fast...
                      That's got to be a mistake though right? I've never heard of anyone with >512 and even if they did it'd be 1024MB ( or 2048 )
                      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Well it is not like it is real time or anything, so no big deal. Also I am a pacifist/technologist so I am alway at the bottom of the power curve at the beginning. Although I met two other civs. One has one city but a nice sized army and the other has three cities and is growing like crazy. Although, I had three techs they didn't... goody huts and expansionist.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

Hey!! Have you spawned any leaders yet or seen the computer with any?
                          I'd be interested to see how powerful or useful they really are!!

Comment

I'd guess he ment 128MB

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba

That's got to be a mistake though right? I've never heard of anyone with >512 and even if they did it'd be 1024MB ( or 2048 )
                              Dude, they make 512MB chips of RAM now, and some motherboards have 4 slots, that makes 2048, and it wouldnt even cost you that much to get 2048MB, its a very good investment.

Comment

Working...
                              X