Some questions answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um yeah 1.2 GB. Cost me like $100.

The Iroquois are about to beat my arse. They have three cities and are about to build two more. I am about to build my third. And they are building the Oracle. Argh!
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

Hmm. Built my two other cities too far away. I was trying to cause my two neighers to fight, but it backfired. Now their waste is too high, so we'll see. Pretty challanging so far.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

What about golden ages, has anyone got one yet? I can't seem to find anything in the manual about it (of course that might be because I'm trying to read it under my desk at work... )

Comment

The game has mentioned it, while I was playing, but I haven't had one.
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

Does it let you know when the other civs are having a golden age?

Comment

Elucidus, you stated that you are an "expansionist" So are you playing the Americans? If so, it will be a while for your GA.

Or if you're not playing the Americans, who are you playing?
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

The Iroquois took one of my cities through culture...the bastards.

Their borders grow to surround my city and poof, I was gone. Oh well.
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

So what civilization are you playing?
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. My golden age isn't for a while yet. Oh well. I gave up. I looked at the histograph or whatever it was and man I was getting beat, but my starts were flawed, so I'll just try again.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by ElitePersian

Dude, they make 512MB chips of RAM now, and some motherboards have 4 slots, that makes 2048, and it wouldnt even cost you that much to get 2048MB, its a very good investment.
                      actually, knowing Windows ability to utilize large memory sizes, that would be a silly investment.

Comment

Actually, Windows 2000 and XP seem to utilize it greatly. Not to mention it makes a great RAM Drive.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

Noticed something else. If you build a city near the culture of one of your other cities, your city boarder extends into that area. So you can use those tiles. Pretty sweet I think.
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

Elucidus, I have been wondering for some time a question about irrigation. Do you have to be next to a body of seawater or something to improve the farms? My copy from amazon won't arrive for a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton
                              How does it run on your system so far? Is there a big delay when the computer players have their turn...
                              All that and more. It is almost unbearable for me. Sound skips, lag when scrolling the map etc. a real drag. And my pc isnt that bad

-FMK.

Comment

For Irrigation you need to be near a river or an inland sea. Note however, if you build your city on a river you do not need an aqueduct.

Also I have noticed a little bit of a slow down, the game takes anywhere from 5-10 secs per turn.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X