Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiteElephants
    New genre?!

I guess Candy Land doesn't count, eh? Chess? Yahtzee? Chutes and Ladders? Trouble? Monopoly? Need I go on?
    Let me be more specific then. One of the first TBS computer games.
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

In response to some of these criticisms:

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
      "Some suspicious things go on during the computer's turns. Units shuffle back and forth pointlessly as if they were patrolling.
      They are patrolling. That's what the AI does with its units when it doesn't have a specific task for them.

Twenty workers will march all at once to irrigate a single square.
      I don't know about 20 workers but the AI will definitely use multiple workers for terrain improvements. More workers on the job makes the job go faster. A 4-turn job done by four workers is finished in 1 turn.

"Things such as aircraft, trade, and espionage are also streamlined--unfortunately, espionage is so streamlined that it seems tacked on as a poorly documented afterthought."
      Although the espionage was not tacked on as an afterthought and has actually been implemented for over a year (one of my first tasks...), I feel that the interface to the missions is a bit unintuitive and not as readily accessible as many of the other screens in the game. We will hopefully address that issue in a patch.
      Mike Breitkreutz
      Programmer
      FIRAXIS Games

Comment

Already talk of patches

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
        We will hopefully address that issue in a patch.
        I wish they'd address the mulitplayer issue.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Already talk of patches

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          I wish they'd address the mulitplayer issue.
          Your even sounding like Uber now!!

Units shuffle back and forth pointlessly as if they were patrolling.

They are patrolling. That's what the AI does with its units when it doesn't have a specific task for them.

Nice answer. Thanks for the info, Mike
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS
            Although the espionage was not tacked on as an afterthought and has actually been implemented for over a year (one of my first tasks...), I feel that the interface to the missions is a bit unintuitive and not as readily accessible as many of the other screens in the game. We will hopefully address that issue in a patch.
            Fair enough; thanks for answering. As this is my personal pet issue:

Don´t you feel that the Espionage subgame, far from being expanded -say, like Trade or Diplomacy-, has been shrunk down to the bare minimum? And why have all the really nasty options been killed?
            Last edited by Comrade Tribune; October 31, 2001, 19:52.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
            X