• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot of the week: 10/26

"Superior Russian Firepower"
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Nice modern screenshot, but something that in my mind is a little disappointing...1902, and most of South America and Australia still unsettled. Doe the AI even know it's there..how can you miss something that big!!!!

Comment

I sincerely hope this is the small Earth map, for I find the size of world unacceptably small. Only 2 or 3 tiles from Italy to Northern Africa ?! I hope the Huge Earth map has the better. And if the British can again found just 2 cities in Britain .

But overall, I am satisfied . I like the look of the minimap, you can there clearly see which civ controls what territory.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: Screenshot of the week: 10/26

Originally posted by Stuie
        "Superior Russian Firepower"
        http://www.civ3.com/images/screensho...battleship.jpg
        Thank you Stuie for the warning!

At first glance I note:
        - a submarine! (my first look at this kind of unit)
        - 1912 AD and Minsk is already building a Space Ship part (SS Exterior Casing)
        - different Civ are still alive and almost equal in number of cities owned
        - railroads everywhere that's seem strange and expensive
        - the russian rules in Europe, what the...
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Re: Re: Screenshot of the week: 10/26

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith

Thank you Stuie for the warning!

At first glance I note:
          - a submarine! (my first look at this kind of unit)
          - 1912 AD and Minsk is already building a Space Ship part (SS Exterior Casing)
          - different Civ are still alive and almost equal in number of cities owned
          - railroads everywhere that's seem strange and expensive
          - the russian rules in Europe, what the...

well, italian communist partisans obviously won post-war elections

the southernmost tip and the northernmost might not be especially useful for colonizing (polar conditions...depends on the type of the world. also, this might be an easy difficulty setting (given the level of advancement).
          i like the fact that so many civs seem to survive...

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            ... I hope the Huge Earth map has the better. And if the British can again found just 2 cities in Britain ....
            IIRC, somewhere (in civ3.com or in some thread at Apolyton) somebody said that british isles can contain up to eight or ten cities. This is (of course) totally unconfirmed information...
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Is this the Mediterranian!!!

Who the **** designed that map

1. No access to the Black Sea from the Mediterranian.
              2. High mountains, grasslands and rivers in Libya.
              3. Not one single river in Europe - just grassland.

I hope it only took them half an hour.

Note: None of my complains have anything to do with the map size.

Luckily I almost never play on the world map. Now it's gonna be never ever.

Comment

Between those hideous mines and disgusting rail/roads ... things look pretty disappointing to me.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

i guess playing on earth map does not mean that you cannot randomize climate and/or resources. correct me if i am wrong....

i see nile, but there seems to be no rhine, danube, don or dniepr.
                  perhaps the map is too small for any good detail?

Comment

The mines look disgusting, the railroads look kewl

The map isnt exactly top-notch, but its a good starting point for others to modify. Or not. The "british isles can contain up to eight or ten cities" comment was in reference to a world map on the maximum size, 256 x 256 (65536 squares total) Maybe the one we make will include New Zealand
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Looks very realistic for a modern age, nice railroads.
                      Alex

Comment

well, my country is approx one square...and i am not which square exactly...cant make it out

Comment

Re: Is this the Mediterranian!!!

Originally posted by Fiil
                          Who the **** designed that map

1. No access to the Black Sea from the Mediterranian.
                          2. High mountains, grasslands and rivers in Libya.
                          3. Not one single river in Europe - just grassland.

I hope it only took them half an hour.

Note: None of my complains have anything to do with the map size.

Luckily I almost never play on the world map. Now it's gonna be never ever.
                          1. I agree, they should make at least one of those little canal's you get when you can connect water diagonally.

2. I do believe you can terraform these items (maybe that's only in CtP) so maybe it did start as desert.
                          3. I agree, that's pitiful, but Europe is pretty small in scale compared to Africa, Asia or any other continent. Maybe it is harder to incorporate the major rivers there?

No idea how long it took them, but I wish they had the person who made the Colonization maps, where the climate and terrain would realistically mirror how things work in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                            Looks very realistic for a modern age, nice railroads.
                            I'm a bit curious why the railroads circle some mines and go through others.
                            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Re: Re: Is this the Mediterranian!!!

Originally posted by Ozymandous

1. I agree, they should make at least one of those little canal's you get when you can connect water diagonally.

2. I do believe you can terraform these items (maybe that's only in CtP) so maybe it did start as desert.
                              3. I agree, that's pitiful, but Europe is pretty small in scale compared to Africa, Asia or any other continent. Maybe it is harder to incorporate the major rivers there?

No idea how long it took them, but I wish they had the person who made the Colonization maps, where the climate and terrain would realistically mirror how things work in the world.
                              i think that the large map has it all. this is too small for any detail

Comment

Working...
                              X