No announcement yet.

Victory!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose all of them. I think i'll start out with a cultural or dimplomatic victory just to learn the system, though being a warmonger i'll probally end up beating the game by bloodlust or dominance most of the time.

Originally posted by knott
    Play on a harder difficulty.
    He's probaly already playing on deity
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

[SIZE=1] I guess what id like is someone to explain why playing Civ without throwing a punch, or unit I guess, can be fun. As I currently see it, if you just want to peacefully build, buy yourself a copy of Sim City 3000..... see if you can change this view of mine with a good responce.
      It's doubtful your vew will be changed, because what I find pleasurable is different than what you find pleasurable.

But, a lot of the reason I like the more peaceful ways of winning is because bloodlust gets boring to me. Its been called end game drag, etc. In Civ2 or SMAC, being a war mongor seemed to at a certain point make the game last forever. So inevitably, I'd just quit and start over rather than spent the extra time to ACTUALLY kill everyone off. They've tried to adjust Civ3 for the end game drag, so I might like conquest better in Civ3.

At the same time, I don't mind whipping up on a helpless civ, but I like to outsmart them, i.e. superior technology, economic structure, etc. In SMAC, Spartans can be fun, but playing Spartans every game would suck.

Finally, I like to this that I would be a good leader of my little civers. It is our own little reality we are creating after all, isn't it? I mean, really, would you want to live in a world dominated by some all powerful dictator?

Comment

Working...
      X