• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX
    i voted for bloodlust only.

would have liked a genocide choice.
    Ditto.
    Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Cultural victory is going to be interesting (I hope). Voted for cultural and domination.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Cultural:

"Let them eat McDonald's"
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I don't want this to sound like bashing anyone for thier style of play, but do some of you really want to win without any fighting? I fail to see the fun.... The way I play is rapid expansion from the start, churning out setterlers and exploring as fast as possible. If I meet another civ, I either try to block them in or go to war, don't want them messing around in or near my territory, or founding a city on a nice piece of land I have my eye on in some idiotic spot. Once ive got a nice bunch of cities I focus on racing up the tech tree for better military units. In CTP and Civ 2 it was not uncommon for me to have 60 - 80 tank units, and taking 10 cities in a blitzkrieg in 1 turn. I really cant imagine not going the military route....wheres the fun in making treaties that the comp always breaks ( at least in Civ 2 and CTP... even SMAC as I remeber) and peacfully trying to play for 300 + turns until you can build a spaceship or win through culture or UN head? I mean I guess I can understand finnishing it like that because you dont feel like taking 100 cities you know you can take but just dont want to, but I can't imagine not at least taking out 1 or 2 hostile nieghbors while your on track to that non domination victory. I guess what id like is someone to explain why playing Civ without throwing a punch, or unit I guess, can be fun. As I currently see it, if you just want to peacefully build, buy yourself a copy of Sim City 3000..... see if you can change this view of mine with a good responce.

Comment

Which ever way the game takes me.
            Alex

Comment

It will proberly be science or culture.
              Alex

Comment

Cultural:

"Let them eat McDonald's"
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

VetteroX - it has been said that it is very difficult to win in a pure military way. Also it has been said that AI plays more sensibly, not going to war just to be mean or win the human. In civ2, military victory always became a little tedious at some point. I consider it the least interesting of these options, and I doubt I will go for bloodlust victory very many times now there are also other ways to victory. I will use military to protect my interests and to expand so I can reach a dominant position. But taking over whole world, too much trouble. But I guess it depends on what you like to do. And mind you, peaceful building is not like SimCity, and it's likely that you cannot play a game without _ever_ going to war, so that's needed in any case.

Comment

Thermonuclear Victory!! Nuke everyone simultaneously, and let their mutated offspring sort out who inherits the world
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

heh

build 1 city one top of a mountain, cause global warming and watch everyone else in the world drown!

I think I'd go for the united nation victory, although I don't know what it is
                      -=Dave=-
                      aka Pangaea
                      aka Civ Guy

Comment

I'm with Civ Dave, not sure what these victory methods are, although we can probably hazard a pretty good guess. I like some fighting and domination too, thus went for the map option.

Comment

all of them
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Domination or Alpha Centari...

I even if I'm scientific normally, I usually end up with most of the map, and then I can use my huge number of cities to build the Alpha Centauri Space Ship Parts!
                            My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
                            My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

I will try for all of them at one point or another, but generally what happens is I end up going for bloodlust (or domination, whichever comes first) anyway.

I like the long game. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having more time for wars in the ancient era, but it always annoyed me that I could beat every civ without ever getting the truly advanced units. I'll probably hold off on war, making tech concessions etc. until I get the most advanced techs, then I'll manipulate them into war one at a time .

Of course, any unprovoked attacks or propaganda city captures will immediately and irrevocably place me in a permanent state of genocidal war with the offending civ. I cannot abide a traitor .
                              Your.Master

High Lord of Good

You are unique, just like everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Your.Master
                                I will try for all of them at one point or another, but generally what happens is I end up going for bloodlust (or domination, whichever comes first) anyway.

I like the long game. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having more time for wars in the ancient era, but it always annoyed me that I could beat every civ without ever getting the truly advanced units. I'll probably hold off on war, making tech concessions etc. until I get the most advanced techs, then I'll manipulate them into war one at a time .

Of course, any unprovoked attacks or propaganda city captures will immediately and irrevocably place me in a permanent state of genocidal war with the offending civ. I cannot abide a traitor .
                                Play one a harder difficulty.
                                Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

Working...
                                X