• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

challenge accepted: Pollution
    This might or might not be a signature

Comment

Its confirmed

Panzers are 16.8.3 meaning they dont have extra mouvement. Not sure whats special, but its not movement (ca has 3)
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by vincentz
        challenge accepted: Pollution
        Nuke the world enough it will speed up the geological processes, send it into an ice age faster, all that. Eventually, the Earth heals itself. All because we sped up the processes with wonderful nukes.

That's all IRL btw...
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

AkronYou shouldn't be able to immediately raze a huge city, especially in the modern age. It wouldn't be right if someone sneek attacked you, got lucky, captured your size 30 city with 5 wonders and razed it to the ground that very turn
          Have you ever seen the destructive powers of modern
          weapons?!?

Many of the heavily populated industrial centers of Europe were
          reduced to cratered moonscapes of twisted metal and chared
          masonry fragments by the constant aerial and artillery
          bombardment

And besides, if a bloodthirsty army bent on the total destruction
          of your civilization and the annihilation of your citizens suddenly
          decided to camp out on your doorstep, would you stay anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
            You shouldn't be able to immediately raze a huge city, especially in the modern age. It wouldn't be right if someone sneek attacked you, got lucky, captured your size 30 city with 5 wonders and razed it to the ground that very turn.
            Actually, I don't agree. If you made the mistake and left your size 30 city weakly defended, then you also take the risk of it being taken over and possibly "razed" to the ground.

Yes, it is a rather harsh lesson to be made...But I believe you would only make this mistake once!

Comment

Yes, it is a rather harsh lesson to be made...But I believe you would only make this mistake once!
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Taking any big city is apparently going to be very difficult given the modifiers seen in the editor and the limitations on agressive warfare.

But don't you think that if you managed to take some large city, you should get an equally large benefit?

Either you get a wonderful size 30 city that once again is a challenge to keep (what's a game without a challenge)

or

You deprive the entire world of that once wonderful city
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There are diplomatic repercussions for razing a large city to the ground... aren't there?

Comment

Civs got mad in Civ II if you used nuked, so I'm sure razing large cities will have diplomatic reprocussions. All the more fun. I plan to nuke, occupy, and raze the city housing the UN if it's built by someone other than me.

Comment

Civs got mad in Civ II if you used nuked, so I'm sure razing large cities will have diplomatic reprocussions. All the more fun. I plan to nuke, occupy, and raze the city housing the UN if it's built by someone other than me.
                      Thats a great strat!

Comment

*sigh* a Pity we don't have Tricobalt and Antimatter bombs...
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                          You shouldn't be able to immediately raze a huge city, especially in the modern age. It wouldn't be right if someone sneek attacked you, got lucky, captured your size 30 city with 5 wonders and razed it to the ground that very turn.
                          Rome may not have been built in a day, but it was torched in a day- just ask the Goths.

I like being able to raze cities, but I wonder what the diplomatic ramifications are...

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                            *sigh* a Pity we don't have Tricobalt and Antimatter bombs...
                            Yah, tricobalt was good stuff. You could take out a caretaker's spacestation with that stuff!!

We do have transporters, though. Just look at railroads.

Comment

I like being able to raze cities, but I wonder what the diplomatic ramifications are...
                              SHould be none if you only have contact with the civ whose city your razing

Comment

Okay, then too bad we don't have, uh, orbital Phaser weapons that can burn the city into non-exsitance.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X