Game Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Speed

I have a PIII-450mhz with 320MB ram and a 32MB GeForce 2 GTS video card. Does anyone think that Civ 3 will run slow on my computer? my processor is pretty outdated, which kinda worries me on the speed.

I really wouldn't worry TOO much about it- I think it will still be playable.

The game requirements aren't too high really:
    .: Pentium II 300mhz
    .: 32 megs of ram
    .: 400 megs hd
    .: 4X CD-Rom
    .: DirectX 8.0a vid. card
    .: 1024x768 Req.
    .: Windows

Comment

Judging from the min.req. you should be fine.

If not, I'm canned.
      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Well the thing is, the MINIMUM requirement is 300mhz, ive been able to play a lotta games with just exact minimum requirements and they are really slow.
        Just worried about that processor thats all.

Comment

I'm hoping this will give me the excuse to give my wife to upgrade our 333mhz.
          Frodo lives!

Comment

I think that it's possible that runs slow on your machine IF you but all the eye candy to full. I'm pretty sure that there is many options for those that don't have the brand new computer.
            Well I ain't gonna worry about that.

My system:

AMD Thunderbird 950 MHz
            512 MB RAM
            Radeon 32 DDR
            80GB harddrive

It ain't nothing too good but it's okay for me. At least for next 2 years..

Comment

Relax, I caved last week and bought a new PC. The predetermined speed (1GHz) reached the predetermined price ($500).
              "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

Im AMAZED that some people are upset about a 300mhz req... jeez if you cant play a game that requires 300mhz and you like games... GET A NEW COMPUTER! you can get a 1ghz or better without monitor for like 600, with for 800 or less. Thats nothing. Im still only in college, I made $22/hour at my summer job, and had to buy my own food and cloths, and I still have like $4000 from that job and more from some wise investments. Im going to get a new computer this winter, and im looking to spend at least $2200. (love a powerful machine) If your still living with your parents, and you have sub 400 mhz, its really time for them to at least help you buy a new comp, if your out of school and working and cant afford 600 - 800 for a new computer, which is something useful and fun... then theres a serious problem, time to find a higher paying job.

Comment

Hell some of us including myself would consider $22 an hour to be a fortune. No wonder you can afford a new PC. I could only dream of making that much money.

Anyway I play more consoles games then PC games(and plus PC's are out of date faster) so I decided to by a real good TV this summer instead of a new PC.

Comment

Originally posted by VetteroX
                    Im AMAZED that some people are upset about a 300mhz req... jeez if you cant play a game that requires 300mhz and you like games... GET A NEW COMPUTER! you can get a 1ghz or better without monitor for like 600, with for 800 or less. Thats nothing. Im still only in college, I made $22/hour at my summer job, and had to buy my own food and cloths, and I still have like $4000 from that job and more from some wise investments. Im going to get a new computer this winter, and im looking to spend at least $2200. (love a powerful machine) If your still living with your parents, and you have sub 400 mhz, its really time for them to at least help you buy a new comp, if your out of school and working and cant afford 600 - 800 for a new computer, which is something useful and fun... then theres a serious problem, time to find a higher paying job.
                    I have about $500 in my bank account, and I'm having troubles finding a job. New computer? I think not . . .

$22/hour? I'll be lucky if I can find $10/hour .

My parents? What planet you come from? They can't afford much either.

Find a higher paying job? I'd have to move, and that means I'd have to switch schools and find some means of transporting myself and my possessions. And $500 will probably not be enough for that.

And there's a lot of other factors that come into play as well.

I'm AMAZED that you think this is easy.
                    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by VetteroX
                      Wait wait.. .let me guess... you're the head of the local "Young Republicans" branch?

Comment

What Im saying is im nothing special and I maneged $22.... anyone can do it. my previous job was $11/hour + tips. Just gotta look around. And you can make your computer a TV, get a TV card. No need for a TV when u have a comp... comps rule, worth every penny. My Computer not only is a computer, but a TV, Stero (quad speakers and sub woofer) game center, internet and at sad times *shudder* used for evil purposes like school work.

Comment

thank you dennis, and some of us are only 14 and cant afford a new computer, because theyre stil hurting financially from that last computer purchase a year and a half ago i cant believe i was so stupid to opt for the dvd and cdrw instead of the faster processor (doh!) i forgot that upgrading a processor is much harder than upgrading drives. And hey, i make a lot more per week ($20) teaching piano lessons (hey, i put in an hour of time per week, walk to two kids houses, and make 10 bucks a pop, i say its worth it, and its a skill i alredy have, so what the heck!) but even with those financial 48 month plans the good new computers are like 90$ a month, something i cant afford even if i dont spend any of the money i make on other things, and im not going to want to be paying for a computer i dont have 4 years from now!

anyway, that didn't make much sense, but i'll summarize it by saying this: No one WIIIIIL be waaatching us... WHYYAYYYY dont we doitinthe ROOOAAOD! - beatles

And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

As I have said, not everybody lives in a neighborhood where such jobs are available.
                            "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

hehehe I would join the Republicans club here, but they got a new head this year.... he wants people to make posters and come to speeches and hand out flyers and do some work... F*** that.... And, eventhough My dad makes a lot of money, he wants me to learn to pay for myself, which makes sense. So I bought this comp and I will buy my next one. But for the 3rd time, if I, being the lazy person I am who dislikes work can afford it, other people should be able too.... if u care enough about games to be posting on a forum, buy a comp that can handle games.

Comment

Working...
                              X