Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Blockade Confirmed!!

oh my goodness, look whats written on the civilopedia for trade routes;

"..two cities are not connected if .... a harbor is blockaded by enemy naval forces.."

viva la Fraxis!!

This is good news and a hark back to Colonization
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

The next question is, what is considered a blockade? Would you have to have a solid line of ships or would there be some kind of interception range/ZOC? And would you have to blockade a specific city or could you just set up a chokepoint somewhere (like blockading Gibraltar to cut off all Mediterranean cities)?

Sounds neat, anyway.

Edit: I see my second question was answered in another thread--the blockade has to be on the city itself.
      Last edited by Andrew1999; October 24, 2001, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew1999
        The next question is, what is considered a blockade? Would you have to have a solid line of ships or would there be some kind of interception range/ZOC? And would you have to blockade a specific city or could you just set up a chokepoint somewhere (like blockading Gibraltar to cut off all Mediterranean cities)?

Sounds neat, anyway.
        my guess;

1. in order to blockade an harbor, you need to move a ship to an adjecent tile; i donot think it will be necessary to occupy all coast tiles of an harbor; that would be too difficult
        2. i believe it will be required to blockade the harbor, blocking the path would be too fuzzy

Comment

I'm sure naval blockades will be well documented in the manual.

This is a really incredible feature, because it suddenly makes having a navy very important in fighting a war. I know it was important before, but I usually slacked off building a powerful navy because I always concentrated on building a good air canopy to protect myself from enemies. Now... I'll have to build a navy just to be able to blockade! Wow! What a game!

Only 6 days!!!!!
          Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
          "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

I am happy to know how naval blockade is working. I can't wait playing ... but I still have to wait 23 days

Comment

Working...
            X