Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERY interesting bits from a Korean review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off Topic

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Then why are Africans generally smaller than Asians who are smaller than Europeans?
    Where did you get this? Africans smaller than Asians? Maybe the pygmies, but not in general. Africans are larger than Asians in stature.

Besides, the overarching reasons why Africans and, in fact, many third-world peoples are "smaller" than Europeans is due to rampant starvation and malnutrition in their spheres. In Asia, it is a genetic issue.

As for the "glare" issue, remember than in a frozen north, the glare of the sun is much greater than in a desert or on the plains of Kenya.

And what "archeological evidence" are you referring to in terms of migration? I believe TVA22's statement was entirely correct, based on the history I have read.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

He never says Korea should come before Japan...but should Japan come before Korea? WTF are u talking about

Comment

Well, all the words are there in grammatical order. WTF you thinking?
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

All I was saying

All I was saying: This entire forum has been saying that the Korean people's origins are virtually untraceable, while seeming to suggest that the Japanese people's origins are clear as crystal. I was saying that the exact origins of the Japanese people are not known, and potentially come from many different sources. Among other things.

My last post was really just citing evidence for Urban Ranger who had flamed me and said everything I said in the post before that was incorrect or unsubstaintiated. Sorry to break up other discussions, but, well, you know what it's like when you get attacked, and yet you know you were right all along--you want to set your name clean.

Comment

quote:

Once, this thing happened: About the middle of the game, suddenly France requested an alliance. It was no simple alliance as I was now expected to attack Persia. At the time, Persia and I had no relations whatsoever. As the battle then looked bad for Persia, I happily agreed. Soon I entered the battle against Persia. But Persia wasn't attacking France at all...only me! Now I was getting nervous when suddenly France cut its alliance with me and established peace with Persia, hitting me like a slap in the head. If that's not cause to wonder at the AI, it was a moment when my body nearly fell over in betrayal.

I don't mind backstabbing civs in a game - that's realistic. But if all the civs gang up on me as I get stronger no matter what I do, then this is simply a brain-dead way of ratcheting up the difficulty without any improvement in AI ability to diplomatically deal with me.

I saw this type of action in Civ2 all the time - after a while it became a snooze-fest - boring. . .

By Civ3, we should have a very sophisticated AI - yet no official word on it yet. I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

Ok Maybe he never sais korean should come before japan but he meant korean should come before japan

Comment

Working...
              X