No announcement yet.

Continents DO really look like spiders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, maps seem to have distinct landforms in civ3 which is far better. In civ2 it just seemed to be an iggledy-piggledy mess of land and sea, and I didn't like it...but SMAC was fine as well...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well... At least we have a map editor. Frankly it seems as if no land generator is perfect- but at least we had the map editor for civ II and now, hopefully for civ III
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hey, what's trolling? I've got this weird picture of a civ fan sitting under a bridge, and I know that's not right...

Comment

It involves pulling live bait behind a boat at low speed, hoping fish will jump on your hook.

or so I think

Comment

Originally posted by Pseud0nym
            Hey, what's trolling? I've got this weird picture of a civ fan sitting under a bridge, and I know that's not right...
            Are you asking or trolling? OK, I'll bite: http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame29.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bane
              He's not smoking anything -- he probally dropped some 'cid!

was this an intentional play on words? 'Sid'

If so, I like it
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I thought the maps looked much better than Civ 1 or 2.
                I always hated when you would choose islands in Civ2 so you could have a naval game but the damn map making algorithm would make a bunch of islands connected by thin pieces of land.
                As far as I can see Civ3 seems to make a realistic map.
                "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton
                  I always hated when you would choose islands in Civ2 so you could have a naval game
                  I've always prefered breast games myself!
                  And the maps are looking better, IMHO.
                  - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                  - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                  - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

I'm a thigh man
                    "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Originally posted by Bane
                      I'm a thigh man
                      I like a nice posterior...

Maps look good

I just hope that they fixed the desert at the equator problem. Rainforests occupy the land area at the equator. Deserts occur at 30 and 60 degrees, depending on continental location. I learned this around... hmmm... 8th grade?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin

I like a nice posterior...

Maps look good

I just hope that they fixed the desert at the equator problem. Rainforests occupy the land area at the equator. Deserts occur at 30 and 60 degrees, depending on continental location. I learned this around... hmmm... 8th grade?
                        Hmm, know whats amusing? In Colonization (another Sid game for those who didn't know) this was how the terrain worked out!

Rain forest/swamp at the equator and then forest, follwed by grassland/plain as you moved away from the equator. Also there would be desert on the "lee"(?) side of mountians, etc.

Map generator was great for that game, I wonder who programmed than and why Sid can't seem to get them on the other "Civ like" games he has done??

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandous

Hmm, know whats amusing? In Colonization (another Sid game for those who didn't know) this was how the terrain worked out!

Rain forest/swamp at the equator and then forest, follwed by grassland/plain as you moved away from the equator. Also there would be desert on the "lee"(?) side of mountians, etc.

Map generator was great for that game, I wonder who programmed than and why Sid can't seem to get them on the other "Civ like" games he has done??
                          But the CIV3 maps look as good as those so far, IMO. So it's not necessary!

I can't wait to get my hands on that editor and make me some maps!
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by El hidalgo

Are you asking or trolling? OK, I'll bite: http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame29.html
                            Ah so... I shoulda figured as much... I didn't think of the fishing term when I asked the question. Was thinking about troll like activities.

Comment

I like the maps of Civ II, clear and easy to see what everything is supposed to be.

I didn't like the maps in ToT (graphics ruined that one completely, and yes, I did try all the modpacks available) or Alpha Centauri. Unfortunately, from what I've seen so far they've used AC's graphics engine... Sigh!

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandous

Colonization was a step in the right direction in terms of building military units and resources, as well as the maps. I play Colonization a lot (its so fun). Unfortunately, in Civ III, it will take 10 turns (200 years), or so, to build a phalanx or spearman. I don't know why Sid scrapped Colonization's improved model for the tradition Civ I style when he made Civ II. Colonization is like the car that runs on water. It's important improvements will be lost forever.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X