Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Economic buildings shoud give cultural points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Templar
    But if you insist, use the editor to give every building a culture production rating.
    I certainly dont insist - its Asesino_Virtual.

Anyway, using the game-editor is a very good idea. Instead of pestering the Firaxis-team with dumb suggestions ( sorry ). Its too late to implement, and above suggestion is far too radical & controversial to implement in any future expansion-pack anyway.
    Last edited by Ralf; October 21, 2001, 15:39.

Comment

He could have meant, if one wants to change it.....
      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba
        He could have meant, if one wants to change it.....
        Whoops! That's exactly what I meant. Edited original post to reflect this.
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
          *far off in the distance, an overpowered sect of hardcore rebels are still screaming "slic, slic slic, slic...*
          Until we see the culture tab in the editor, we don't know for certain that what Lorizael suggests is not possible, no scripting language necessary.

I like Lorizael's idea as well, having building produced cultured tied to civ-specific traits. Very nice.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

If I knew what you meant I might laugh... I've only been here a few months.

Care to elaborate?
            yes, slic is the scripting language that allowed people like wesW and locutus to make ctp2 a much better game than it was when it came out (actually worth playing, in other words) im not saying civ3 will need a scripting language for this prupose of making the game playable, im saying it wil be helpful, and wil allow mod/scenario makers to make much better scenarios, and allow for much greater control than any gui editor with things like this; little tweaks one might want to make in the game to make it suitable to their realism/fun tastes. I know the editor will probably be great, and it will probably be able to do this particular function as well, its stil no scripting language.
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Naahhh!

I don't like this idea- not for this game anyhow. Economics shouldn't have a lasting influence on culture (though sometimes it does), but rather, culture should GREATLY influence economics.

For CIV, economics and culture should be quite distinct, though related- just as military and economy are distinct, but do touch each other at several points in the game.

Comment

If you paint a picture on a white canvas, using only one white colour of the exact nuance as the canvas itself - what would that achieve? No contrasts whatsoever.
                Ever notice that paintings have texture, and the texture of the paint has a big influnce on how the picture is perceived?
                I'd hate to beat an off-topic dead horse, but a good example: that funky prickly white ceiling above most people's head.
                "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

You mean stucco?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Some real countries have very strong internal cultures with practically no buildings of any kind. Conversely America has developed such a strong culture over the last 250 years that it impinges on the whole of the world not just its immediate neighbours. Civ has ignored these extremes in finding game balance. It it means I have to stop and think before building units, settlers, granaries and marketplaces before thinking about building anything cultural other than a temple then good! Until we've played it enough we can't easily suggest sensible ways of expanding the idea.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                    X