Recon Air Missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabre2th

Whether you like it or not, it serves a rather important function and I doubt it can be turned off.
    In SMAC, this could be turned on and off. I usually would leave it the LOS fog off if I was in a state of peace, but during wartime, I had it on.

I too like the pretty colors

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba

Oui mais ils voient avec moins de détail.
      I'm sorry... I don't speak... not English... I'm ignorant...

What did you say???
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oui mais ils voient avec moins de détail=Yes but they see with less detail

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
          Oui mais ils voient avec moins de détail=Yes but they see with less detail
          How do we know they see with less detail?

And until the advent of modern day satelites (which are in the game, yeah!) you can't see good detail from high so that's okay.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oui mais ils voient avec moins de détail.
            This I understand perfectly.

Also it's just my opinion, but I don't think you'd be sending a recon mission to either your or an ally controlled region or anywhere near your units, I know I wouldn't f I sent one at all, so it's a reasonably moot point.
            This, on the other hand, needs a translation.
            Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I'm with you falconius, what the heck are you trying to say there
              Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Sometims your thoughts just don't look the same when you put them down on paper... (or computer screen)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                  Sometims your thoughts just don't look the same when you put them down on paper... (or computer screen)
                  heh.. You know, I was thinking of things- you know

Sometimes they just come out, but that's something else.

Comment

If I understand it correctly, the airplane will have a view radius like any other unit, but it will only examine in detail one selected square. So like Albie suggested, for that one square you will actually get to see the condition and composition of the full enemy stack. Very useful for knowing when to stop bombarding and launch the ground assault
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Well, then, in that case, I am completely satisfied by the recon mission option and I will probably use it often.

Wow, what a great game this is going to be.

Thanks for the clarification Grumbold
                      Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                      "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

I like that fog of war is visible. In civ2 I would always forget that I hadn't "looked at" that size 2 city with phalanxes near it lately, and when I come up on it again, it's a size 10 with musketeers, yikes! With fow I know exactly the squares for which I have current intel.

Comment

What would be ideal of course would be for terrain covered by the FOW to look the same as the rest (ie not shaded), but for the FOW to still exist (ie you cannot see units if you have no units to see them with )

Which is a system that seems strangely familiar... now which highly successful 1996 game had that system... let me think...

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
                            I like that fog of war is visible. In civ2 I would always forget that I hadn't "looked at" that size 2 city with phalanxes near it lately, and when I come up on it again, it's a size 10 with musketeers, yikes! With fow I know exactly the squares for which I have current intel.
                            Yah that happened to me all the time, lol. I like the shaded fog, shows that you don't really know what's there, it's sort of far off and shrouded in legend type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                              If I understand it correctly, the airplane will have a view radius like any other unit, but it will only examine in detail one selected square. So like Albie suggested, for that one square you will actually get to see the condition and composition of the full enemy stack. Very useful for knowing when to stop bombarding and launch the ground assault
                              Wow, maybe i will use it then, so its kind of like investigate city, where you "investigate army". That could be useful in knowing whether you or your enemy will be the victor
                              Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Working...
                              X