Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tile improving.
    I Tile modification.
    I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

wheres the fun in leaving it at just irragation anyways. how boring . Anyways what else are you going to do with your workers in modern times
      Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

u cant take out the farm, it would be too easy to double food prod.
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I too loved tile improvements!!!

I dunno, maybe I was strange, but my fav. part of civ games was improving my infrastucture. I hated building things in my cities, because the city improvements are so intangable. But building roads and irrigation and mines etc etc was something you could actually see, which was great fun for me.

I was never much of a warmonger though, that got just as tedious for me as you all say infrastructure is for you. Personally, I just liked all the micromanagement. No governors for me!!

Comment

Thing is it was the increase in food production through farming developments that allowed for cities and nations. But I always liked the feeling that my civilization had taken control of the landscape, made the land ours. How boring to have the same map throughout the whole game, marred by that awful irrigation, pockmarked by self-effacing mines everywhere, and tied down by roads on every tile (why are they there?).

David
            "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

I agree with whoever said they liked putting in farms because they looked a lot better than irrigation.

For me, part of the fun of the game was continually making terrain improvements around my city, building it up until it sprawled over the maximum radius. I liked the look of turning irrigation to farms, and of seeing my mighty cities compared to the weak, merely irrigated cities of my foes! Bwahaha!

*ahem*

That being said, perhaps the irrigated tiles might automatically update to farmland at some point, either after a certain tech advance or a certain city improvement is built? Probably not, but it would be a cool thing (and would save the tedium of having hordes of engineers running around)

Cheers.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
              X