9+ civs and the screens: cured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9+ civs and the screens: cured!

"Depending on the map size you select, you may play with up to 16 Civs at once. The foreign advisor screen will only display eight civs at a time, however, so you can hold shift & right click on any of the eight slots on that screen to select another known civ to display."

-ask the devs-

Sha na na na! Oh yeah!

Very easy, clean fix for the the limited leader slots in the screens.
    And I am sure that this implementation works for all of the relevant screens.

Yeah maybe it will work. It sounds like it might get annoying thoug, not being able to see everyone at once. But hey i guess ill just have to wait and see, maybe it will be all good
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

now that is great news,,, especially for when MP hits the stores !!!!
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Re: 9+ civs and the screens: cured!

Originally posted by Anunikoba
        "Depending on the map size you select, you may play with up to 16 Civs at once. The foreign advisor screen will only display eight civs at a time, however, so you can hold shift & right click on any of the eight slots on that screen to select another known civ to display."

-ask the devs-

Sha na na na! Oh yeah!

Very easy, clean fix for the the limited leader slots in the screens.
        And I am sure that this implementation works for all of the relevant screens.
        Hell yea!
        "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Good news!!
          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

It would have been nice to have them all visible, but this is not bad. I wonder if it is because of cluttered screen, or if the 9+ concept was a last minute addition.
            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

This is a further proof that the '16 civs at once'-option was added shortly before Civ3 went gold.

Well, at least I have some option to display all civs, unlike in CtP2.
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

This is a further proof that the '16 civs at once'-option was added shortly before Civ3 went gold.
                Precisely. And one wonders what in the world got them to make such a change...hmmm....
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Good morning yin!

Comment

Yin is right. The complaints of the Apolytoners about the 8-civs limit were the biggest, if not the only reason for Firaxis to change it. So much about the usefulness of 'whining'.
                    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                      Yin is right. The complaints of the Apolytoners about the 8-civs limit were the biggest, if not the only reason for Firaxis to change it. So much about the usefulness of 'whining'.
                      Amen!

One thing, though: If they added the 16-player option at the last possible moment, will it have been seriously tested?
                      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Probably not; but all the same- I am glad it is in

Thanx to all the 'squeaky wheels'

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                          One thing, though: If they added the 16-player option at the last possible moment, will it have been seriously tested?
                          Isn't that what we're for?
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I don't get it. Why going gold mean that no further changes can be made?

Comment

Actually, I would not really consider this an elegant fix, though I appreciate their increasing the natural civ limit to 16 and giving some support for it. The problem is that less than a fourth of all the relations can be seen at one time. Though this may be fine if you've only discovered a few of the civs, later on in the game, seeing the global diplomatic picture will be tedious.

On the eight civ screen 28 relations can be seen. But with 16 civs, there are 120 relations. Hopefully, Firaxis will give an alternate matrix screen with improved functionality for 16 civ games.

Comment

Working...
                              X