They have it all planned out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have it all planned out

Firaxis hasn't given us a whole lot of info on Civ 3 these past few weeks because I believe they are going to start bombarding us with info now. Look at all the stuff they are talking about now. It seems like more in one day than we have gotten in weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they have every day up until release planned out. Genious if you ask me.

Or I could be wrong.
    I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

I really hope you are right! In the past few days we've really been getting info from various sources.

I wish today were Oct. 30!

Comment

not going to be released before November here, but that's not a problem for me...

Comment

Maybe so, if you examine the history of this forum, the griping gets loudest and thickest when there has been no news for a long time. any bit of news is usually enough to shut most of us up. then we have something to talk about.

info deluge? now? I'm moving and the computer won't be connected for 2 days.

AARRGGHH!!
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

well, maybe that wasn't that good of a theory. I've been offline for almost 3 days and very little in new stuff has been forthcoming.

hopefully, there will be more soon.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I think they're just giving us more on Fridays. Though since it is the 22nd, we should start seeing previews and stuff soon.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: They have it all planned out

Originally posted by Green Giant
              Firaxis hasn't given us a whole lot of info on Civ 3 these past few weeks because I believe they are going to start bombarding us with info now. Look at all the stuff they are talking about now. It seems like more in one day than we have gotten in weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they have every day up until release planned out. Genious if you ask me.

Or I could be wrong.
              i doubt it, firaxis has been just awful about PR. if apolyton didn't exist there'd hardly be any real news out there, considering how much we get from dan. seems like they don't like to give out new info, or don't have the time. a shame considering how much the game has been innovated. it'd be nice to know some of the details of the innovation

i think they're just poor with PR.
              Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

it is a shame...but I'm afraid you are right. My biggest problem is why does it take almost three weeks for a game to go gold and then to be in stores...many games are in stores quit rapidily after going gold. you think w/ the long delay they would be 'pumping' the game, and have many planned release material after the 22nd
                "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

The game is coming in such a short time that i could care less for right now. just 7 more days (basically)
                  Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Re: Re: They have it all planned out

Originally posted by d_dudy

i doubt it, firaxis has been just awful about PR. if apolyton didn't exist there'd hardly be any real news out there, considering how much we get from dan. seems like they don't like to give out new info, or don't have the time. a shame considering how much the game has been innovated. it'd be nice to know some of the details of the innovation

i think they're just poor with PR.
                    Dont paint with such a broad brush. Dan Magaha and other Firaxians have taken time to answers LOTS of questions of this board.

Comment

From past experience (i.e. waiting for games that I'm highly interested in) I've noticed that it takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks from going gold to hitting the shelves. Anyway only 7 more days to go. (hopefully)
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

...but 7 days is almost too much.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Well they did say that they wanted to hold most of the information about the game back until release. I think they wanted to build an atmosphere of anticipation about the game so you didn't quite know what to expect, so you are pleasantly surprised
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            Well they did say that they wanted to hold most of the information about the game back until release. I think they wanted to build an atmosphere of anticipation about the game so you didn't quite know what to expect, so you are pleasantly surprised
                            its working quite well if you ask me
                            Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Anticipation is bad for the skin........
                              A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X