No announcement yet.

No Airstrips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet airbases will be in, like fort/bunker for ground troops. They aren't irrilevant, if you play hard for airsupport.
    I love planes, and used quite a lot the fighters/bombers (basic, jet and stealth) in Civ II.
    SMAC was really a plane/copter fest, for me
    One of my best friend (an old and good Civ I, Civ II player), OTOH won't care less of planes if can have strong ground units...

I'm really interested to see the new air missions in action. I hope they'll keep up a primary role for airplanes (imagine a crossing finger smile here).
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

About the Re-Base air mission

I wonder how transfer planes between bases will work. It seems the most debatable air mission in range terms (it's silly to limit it to the range of the unit).
      I wonder if it resemble the solution proposed months ago here.

Of course we now know all the subject has been simplyfied, so may be Firaxis simply double the range of the plane for re-base... Easy to compute, easy to understand.
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
      X