Official Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SITS

Er, that might not be a good idea in the current climate....
    Headlines tomorrow: "Anthrax from Canada?",
    "Anthrax - typical Canadian joke?", "Crazy Canadian sends
    Anthrax cookies to US", "All the bad things come from Canada", ...

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I don't know if this already have been said, but it is an error on the main page. The Impi unit is linked to "civofweek.cfm" and not "civoftheweek.cfm". Dan, fix the bug :doitnow:.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

And the Ask the Civ team dropdown box can't take you to the current edition.

*Separating civ3.com to pieces*
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

ahem, i don't see New Zealand on the map, isn't that a bit ridiculous? our land mass is bigger than all of UK combined. Come on, we ARE a country, and a good one at that too.
          I don't see why New Zealand should be on the map. So what if it's bigger than UK, who wants an island which doesn't have any native mammels anyway. Poor excuse for an country, i say.

PS
          Thankyou Dan, and all of Firaxis. Don't stop now, your nearly there.

Comment

Originally posted by SITS

Er, that might not be a good idea in the current climate....
            Kinda like the sample box of laundry detergent that I was sent in the mail today. I was like, grrrrrr, poor timing.
            ...Liberty and Justice for All

Comment

So there still saying the UK will get Civ3 at the same time as the US, but how come none of the shops are saying that?
              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Well, it seems we get more game info from this post alone than from a regular AskTheCivTeam edition on official site.

Thanks Dan Magaha, very nice explanation of new game features and rules; now, how about a new area of the www.civ3.com named "AskTheDan" ?

It will be greatly appreciated (highest hit rate of the site, probably). Dan, you should ride this horse before the game release will spoil you of most of your "info power"!
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Hidden Civs?

Here's a quote from the latest "Ask the Civ Team" update on the civ web site.

"The foreign advisor screen will only display eight civs at a time, however, so you can hold shift & right click on any of the eight slots on that screen to select another known civ to display."

am I just reading to much into this or do other people find the term "known civ" to be a little leading? It seems to imply that there might be a few unknown civs included that we can some how activate latter. So what do you think folks? Will there be hidden civs?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Hidden Civs?

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Here's a quote from the latest "Ask the Civ Team" update on the civ web site.

"The foreign advisor screen will only display eight civs at a time, however, so you can hold shift & right click on any of the eight slots on that screen to select another known civ to display."

am I just reading to much into this or do other people find the term "known civ" to be a little leading? It seems to imply that there might be a few unknown civs included that we can some how activate latter. So what do you think folks? Will there be hidden civs?
                    I'm pretty sure that meant "known" as in you've already encountered them in the game you are currently playing. Civs that you have not yet had contact with in a single game are "unknown".
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Hidden civs?

Nah, I think it's because only civs you have encountered in the game will be displayed. In the beginning of a game no other civs will be displayed, and as you meet them they become (known)visible in the diplomacy screen.

Comment

I guess 'known civ' just means 'a civ you are already in contact with', not 'a civ that has been confirmed by Firaxis so far'.

OTOH ... just a 'shift-click', and the Spanish, Mongol and Viking leaders appear on the screen ...
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Now about that Draft thing.. I´d like to know if it´s possible once a unit was drafted, to undraft it again (returning the lost pop to its city), and if yes, does this make the unhappy citizens happy again?

Comment

Working...
                          X