strategy guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donarumo
    Hey, it'll be good to get a list of units, wonders, etc. for $16.00 a week before the game ships.
    That seems to be such a waste of good money. You will get the same thing with the game manual.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well if the book is being published on release date that means they have had to have the book ready for editing and publishing about six weeks ago. Firaxis was still changing stuff so that means if the strategy guide writer has even played the game it was an old beta version with the wrong numbers. No way is it worth the money. Want more evidence, read what Alan Emerich, a former strategy game writer has to say http://hometown.aol.com/aemrich111/a...11/decline.htm
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Having in this board Velocyrix, one of the best man in show for writing Strategy Guides for SMAC, I'd suggest to wait the man and see.

He already announced his interest for a Civ III similar effort and, while the last guide version for SMAC come a bit too late IMHO, his work was excellent since the first release.

Vel is our strategy analyst, have faith in him (and in some others great players who deserve credits fro the help they give to Vel).
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Funny you should mention Vel, because I think with the new gameplay concepts in CivIII, he (being a 'builder' of sound mind and judgement) will probably be having a blast with this game.

I can also forsee him getting a guide together for CivIII, and perhaps, even making some real money thins time around for his efforts.

Comment

I thought it was oging to come out after the game now
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

It looks like the strat guide will be shipped on 10/24 according to EBWorld. The funniest thing that I discovered was a "review" of the stratgey guide

Comment

Two lines from an anonymus reader. Ya gotta wonder who wrote it. I've pre-ordered for semi-professional reasons and will be glab to answers questions on it here.
                Jim Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by Zardos
                  The funniest thing that I discovered was a "review" of the stratgey guide
                  Disgusting! A payed review before the book is printed seems really awful to me.
                  I really feel the need for starting a boycott campaign ... Nah, too much effort.
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

FYI -- the strategy guide release date has been pushed out to October 31st according to ebworld's web site. I was looking forward to being able to do some bed time reading before the game came out, but ahh, no luck.

Comment

A customer on 10/7/2001 writes:
                      A GOOD GUIDE TO THE BEST STRATEGY GAME EVER!

This book will definitely improve your CIV III performance. A must have for any Civ III player!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/editorial...popf_id=203584
                      Can anyone say publisher written?

Comment

Working...
                      X