No announcement yet.

City LOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fog must be visible! Like in CTP. I want to know what I can see and what I can't easily and visually, one drawback to Civ2 with its uniform view was that I couldn't always tell what I could and couldn't see. Don't get me wrong - I like patrolling areas. Only I want to know which areas are in need of patrol.
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
      I like FOW when it comes to enemy-units.

I don't like FOW when it comes to geography.

In SMAC I would always start with the map explored and the mystery would be where the enemy is, not how far I had to move to get to the sea.

-Alech
      Hmmm... Funny how opinions differ. As for me, exploring the unknown world is one of the nicest things to do in Civ.

Somehow I always feel pity when there's nothing left to explore.
      -------------------------------><------------------------------
      History should be known for learning from the past...
      Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.
      -------------------------------><------------------------------

Comment

Heh, my girlfriend feels exactly the same way... She loves exploring too.

-Alech
        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
          The fog must be visible! Like in CTP. I want to know what I can see and what I can't easily and visually, one drawback to Civ2 with its uniform view was that I couldn't always tell what I could and couldn't see. Don't get me wrong - I like patrolling areas. Only I want to know which areas are in need of patrol.
          talking about border patrol, I wonder if we can assign way points to some units, and have them go around the border automattically attacking enemy and report the sighting of any suspecious units.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida

talking about border patrol, I wonder if we can assign way points to some units, and have them go around the border automattically attacking enemy and report the sighting of any suspecious units.
            I love the idea of waypoints.

Comment

Working...
            X