No announcement yet.

First Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is that there are two types of 'border'. One is the 'border' around a city which has all the workable lands that can be worked within the city. This expands as the culture grows. First it is one square radius then two etc.

The other border is your Civ/Empire border that marks your lands. If you imagine the map of the USA - it isn't defined by cities but by the land that the nation claims/controls. In SMAC you had borders but you also had a fixed city radius.
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Well it looks like there may be some system for smoothing out borders when there are gaps between cities; that is my reckoning, but who knows?

And Cybershy, there is one thing I didn't like about CtP2: The game
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
        My best guess it the hill admired your culture so much that it converted.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

What if an enemy placed a city on that tile of land to the east of the disputed tile. Should that city lay claim to the hill? I guess its first come, first served.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            My best guess it the hill admired your culture so much that it converted.
            lol
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Slax
              What if an enemy placed a city on that tile of land to the east of the disputed tile. Should that city lay claim to the hill? I guess its first come, first served.
              According to the official FAQ, when two cities share tiles, the city with the higher culture wins the tile. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by SITS
                My understanding is that there are two types of 'border'. One is the 'border' around a city which has all the workable lands that can be worked within the city. This expands as the culture grows. First it is one square radius then two etc.
                I hope this isn't true, cause then we're back to CTP2.

But I've not seen a screenshot from the city management screen that shows only a single ring of squares. All of them show the full 21 squares regardless of the city size. So I think culture expands the borders out from the city allowing it to claim the full radius as its own. Hence the Roman's got to the hill first and it's theirs, good on Caesar.

David
                "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                  it was something I really hated about CtP2,
                  the borders of your cities didn't fit with each other, so in fact you got all small pieces of land, and in the middle of your cities there was land you didn't control.

it just doesn't make sence that way.
                  I hope this proofs that this won't be the case with civ3
                  EXACTLY the way I feel about it!

Also, I think the game treats land differently than it does ocean, and land 'sandwiched' between your cities gets consideration for inclusion(to oclude dead spots) and not land skirting your cities.

Comment

Working...
                  X