No announcement yet.

How long until Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minipoll - colonization 2, pirates 2, or SMAC 2?
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

How about SimPrison?
      - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
      - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
      - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Personally I don't think there will be another Civ. That is because they use the roman numbering system (Civ, Civ ii, Civ iii) and the next one would be CIV IV or CIVIV (Maybe even a CIVIC joke too) and that would be bad for marketing. It just dont look good.
        This might or might not be a signature

Comment

COLONIZATION 2 without any doubt (even thought i don't know pirates )
          I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
            How about SimPrison?
            At first I laughed, but you may be on to something there.

Originally posted by vincentz
            Personally I don't think there will be another Civ. That is because they use the roman numbering system (Civ, Civ ii, Civ iii) and the next one would be CIV IV or CIVIV (Maybe even a CIVIC joke too) and that would be bad for marketing. It just dont look good.
            Personally, I'm looking forward to CIV 104, which Romanized would be CIV CIV.
            Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
              This is a no-brainer. Pirates 2, hands down. I still play the original.
              The windmills are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by steveLRC

This is a no-brainer. Pirates 2, hands down. I still play the original.
                Hey! I had that avatar first.

Your right Falconius, SimPrison isn't a bad idea at all.
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Erm, i think id rather play Pirates 2 than Sim Prison
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

colonization 2 & pirates 2 & Sim Prison(?)
                    Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                    f**k the f****n f*****s!
                    I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                    let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Every once in a while I still play colonization. Great game, which still has a lot of potential. I'ver never played pirates so I wouldn't know if I'd prefer to have a sequel from that game over col.

Yes COLONIZATION II

ALL THOSE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS TO COME !!!!

Comment

Oh you'll get sleepless nights in sim prison too
                        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
                          As good a Colonization was, I would have to go for Pirates 2. Pirates really was a sleepless nights kind of a game.

SMAC is too recent. The others are in more need of an overhaul.

PIRATES II!
                          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

The different colonial powers don't only have specific game bonuses, but also starting bonuses.
                            The standard things to begin with:
                            A Caravel (Small cargo ship, can't attack), a Soldier, and a pioneer.

Bonuses:
                            Spain - Veteran Soldier, 50 % stronger than a normal soldier.
                            France - Hardy Pioneer, Works a lot faster than normal pioneers, they are a kind of workers, but it costs tools to build roads, and to plow a field)
                            The Netherlands - Merchantman, a stronger and faster cargoship, and it can take more cargo with it (4 instead of 2 products or units)
                            England - Nothing

and I also would like Apolyton to cover Colonization on the oldies section.
                            YES
                            Alea iacta est!

Comment

Could someone finally tell me, who started and why
                              the Civ IV discussion? I can't remeber when I first
                              saw it; must be a long time ago.

Or Civ IV one those Ape jokes?
                              Jeeze, now I'm completely lost.
                              Looks like I'm too tired already?
                              Even if it's just 10:48 PM (+3 GMT).
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I believe the Civ IV discussion started with suggestions for Civ III that was to far from earlier games that people said that we wouldn't see them before Civ IV.
                                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                                X