How long until Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long until Civ4?

I know this is VERY premature, but there have been intervals of about 5 years between each of the actual Civilization titled games. Alpha Centauri is already a few years old, and I won't even mention all the other CIV games out there (well ok: ToT, CtP1&2). So with CivIII coming out, how long do you think until we can hope for Civ4 to come out? Or, do you think that maybe CivIII is the last CIV we will see?

I certainly hope not myself. But let us speculate together...

would you people just concentrate on the current game, and stop dreaming about things that does not exist, or could never exist.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Well, Civ4 or not, you can be sure there will be plenty of ToT-esque things to keep you happy for a while. My personal take is Sid is DEAD TIRED of the Civ stuff and only did it this time around because a number of lucky factors matched all at once.

This is one of the reasons we went nuts giving feedback: Many of us felt Civ3 will be the last of its kind from Firaxis.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
        would you people just concentrate on the current game, and stop dreaming about things that does not exist, or could never exist.
        Would you just stop posting for no reason, and take some thought of what you are going to say?

And yin: I percieve that Sid is getting apathetic to the CIV line too. I can't imagine why though, as it is his greatest and best selling work.

Maybe he could sell the CIV rights to Apolyton? Oh, that's right: he already sold them a long time ago.

Comment

LOL! Well, I'm sure whoever owns the "civ" name will still make games off of it...or just sell the name. As for Sid: If you look at his list of games, almost NONE of them are the same. One time a flight sim another CPU Bach. The guy lives to do something different from what he has done before, which is why Brian Reynolds was basically given full authority to make Civ2.

I doubt if Sid has a Civ 4 in him. So let's let him get out of his golf phase and hope for a hyper-realistic (though super fun and classic Sid-simple-like) modern warfare game!
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Civs turn based. Each turn is 5 years.

We're on turn three.........
            A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I know its mildly offtopic, but if Sid was going to redo anything next, I'd so go back 14 years, dust off his second best game (IMHO), and make: Pirates 2

The potential to keep the varied gameplay of that game while adding depth is huge, and it'd be MUCH more exciting than civ4 to little ol' me.

Comment

Well, Civ4 or not, you can be sure there will be plenty of ToT-esque things to keep you happy for a while. My personal take is Sid is DEAD TIRED of the Civ stuff and only did it this time around because a number of lucky factors matched all at once.
                I get that feeling too. Its like the band that has new material but all the audience wants to hear is the stuff from ten years ago. (happened at They Might Be Giants the other weekend ...)

LOL! Well, I'm sure whoever owns the "civ" name will still make games off of it...or just sell the name.
                Arguably, this is how we got CTP. And I agree, the golf phase MUST end!
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by nlmalph
                  I know its mildly offtopic, but if Sid was going to redo anything next, I'd so go back 14 years, dust off his second best game (IMHO), and make: Pirates 2

The potential to keep the varied gameplay of that game while adding depth is huge, and it'd be MUCH more exciting than civ4 to little ol' me.
                  I'd like to see Colonization 2.
                  Alex

Comment

please don't talk about a civ4, once civ3 is out, and then dukeforever, there will be no games left to be interested in, which is my chance to get away from this chaotic internet world
                    be free

Comment

So let's let him get out of his golf phase
                      lol

I wonder what's the next phase... Sidatchous? Strategical gardening? Insect tactical war? I'm sure it'll be another original game.

By the way... I was woundering. Is it normal having spasms when thinking of Civ III?...
                      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

"Sid, it's Mr. Briggs on the phone- he's wondering how you want to handle the new resource system in CivIII?"

"Tell him I will call back after I tee off." ::SHWAP!::

Comment

LOL...

I wonder what's the next phase... Sidatchous? Strategical gardening? Insect tactical war? I'm sure it'll be another original game.
                          DON'T DO THAT! THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I PREDICTED SIM GOLF, FOR GOD'S SAKES MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                            So do I, and I also would like Apolyton to cover Colonization on the oldies section. If we could make some good maps and Mark is feeling kind the later might happen.
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alex 14

Originally posted by Gramphos

So do I, and I also would like Apolyton to cover Colonization on the oldies section. If we could make some good maps and Mark is feeling kind the later might happen.
                              Me too.
                              Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                              f**k the f****n f*****s!
                              I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                              let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X