How do u capture a unit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u capture a unit??

Yep, how?. DO u attack the unit and appears a menu with different options? like:

What do u wish sir:

Attack unit

Expel unit

Capture now!
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Re: How do u capture a unit??

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual
    Yep, how?. DO u attack the unit and appears a menu with different options? like:

What do u wish sir:

Attack unit

Expel unit

Capture now!
    I think that if you attack an attack 0 (or defense 0?) unit, it gets captured, rather than being destroyed. If there is another unit with it, I imagine it is the other unit that is "attacked" (the numbers are computed by), thus both will probably be destroyed. But if the unit is alone, I'm almost certain it just gets captured.
    To those who understand,
    I extend my hand.
    To the doubtful I demand,
    Take me as I am.

Comment

Re: How do u capture a unit??

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual

What do u wish sir:

Attack unit

Expel unit

Capture now!
      It could be like SMAC, where you move onto the same square and it happens automatically. Enemy units are expelled, Mindworms captured if possible, and all others expelled. But that's just a guess.

David
      "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

I would think it would be more like alien artifacts, which, if undefended, and attacked, are not destroyed, but simply captured.
        To those who understand,
        I extend my hand.
        To the doubtful I demand,
        Take me as I am.

Comment

I would hope that you have the option to capture or destroy. I might want to destroy enemy settlers, leaders, or workers just to make a point
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
            I would hope that you have the option to capture or destroy. I might want to destroy enemy settlers, leaders, or workers just to make a point
            How about:
            1. Capture unit
            2. Disband unit
            ?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I would also like a choice

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

How about:
                1. Capture unit
                2. Disband unit
                ?
                That's always a possibility, but I'd still like the option to just destroy the unit.

Comment

Yes... ummm... well... yah... but... I'd rather KILL IT!!

Sorry, I'm a bit evil in the fantasy world of Civ.

Wouldn't it be cool to execute the Great Leader as an example to their people?

"Yah, sir... we told the enemy commander to move on and not cause anymore trouble..."
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes it's brutally satisfying to kill enemy workers and civilians. Of course, with the addition of the enslavement option, I get to be an evil prick in a whole new way.

Comment

Well I presume that it would work like SMAC whereas there is a probability of being able to capture the unit rather than destroy. I would *expect* that the success rate would be linked to your relative culture rating. Culture seems to be the keyword in this game
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Haven't you heard? They changed the name to Sid Meier's Cultures yesterday.
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          Well I presume that it would work like SMAC whereas there is a probability of being able to capture the unit rather than destroy. I would *expect* that the success rate would be linked to your relative culture rating. Culture seems to be the keyword in this game
                          I don't think it would work that way. What would that be? "Oh yah! Let's be their slaves because I am in awe of their civilization!" Just seems a little odd to me. I like cutlure but not that way. I think it would have to do with the strength of the unit attacking (if it was not automatic)

Comment

Working...
                          X