X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

IMO in designing the game and testing it, if they traded the concept of finite builds per resource, for unlimited builds with eventual depletion, they've done a fair (good) job.

Figure that maybe in their testing, the fun factor and ease of management worked best with this final resource design they chose to go with.

Comment

I think the system they've come up with is pretty good. I remember reading that resources won't nessecarily deplete - if they do, it'll be a random thing. I guess it would be nice to know how much iron you have left at one given mine...but I'm not that worried about it. Also, certain resources won't appear on the map until you've made the corresponding technological discovery - which is a very good thing, because it means players won't be able to "camp" resources before they're able to use them.
        If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

What I remember hearing is that resources do deplete, but you also have a random chance each turn of discovering more resources within your territory, so it sorts of evens out. There will always be some instances of each resource on the map.
          Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
            I would like to see them be depleted based on usage; so that the peaceful civs who don't build lots of units can keep their resources longer and trade them.
            This is how they are implemented.
            This is how Dan Magaha explained it on my thread "Whats with these 'colonies'" a couple months ago. We liked the idea, and there has been no indicator of change since then, so I assume that this is still how they are implemented.
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Its this sort of thing that will have been looked at in playtesting. I expect the chance of depletion goes up if you use the source a lot. However I doubt that Firaxis found it better to actually give the source a value and reduce it each time a unit or trade route uses some.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
              X