Barbarossa AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cassembler
    I don't normally pray, but I'm praying for an AI that's AT LEAST TWICE as good CIV2, in order for me to get any challenge...
    I'll settle for anything 1.5x or better though.
    And how exactlty do you measure the goodness of the AI?
    I think that the Civ II AI was 1.7 times as good the Civ I AI...
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I've been saying for a while that if the AI knows how to co-ordinate a massive military attack against me on multiple fronts, I'd be happy. But I can't see it happening - it's too hard for an AI to work out. Which kinda defeats the purpose of the game, because it means that whilst I can launch masively co-ordinated attacks, the AI prolly can't. SO I guess I won't be happy.

Then again, I may be wrong and Firaxis has done something amazing with the AI.
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

The AI has supposedly been completely redone and will be a lot better. At least that's what we've been told. An AI that could do better city planning is what I'm looking for. I hate AI cities that I take over, with all that overlapping and the gold and whale just one square away...
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re Barbarossa A.I

A.I I am sure will be better but I know that having many units attacking and creating fronts and reserves of armies outside of the cities will definitely be in relation to the # of units the Civ has.

Which brings me to a big ? for Civ 3.

Can we force the A.I to build units in War scenarios by making them the only thing they can build inc Capitilization. In Civ2 you had to give units to the A.I as capitilization was available to the A.I even without the advance and could not be switched off.

If turning off Capitalization is not possible in Civ3 you can kiss goodbye trying to steer the scenario with available advances/tech tree.

Anyone know yet whether this is possible in Civ3?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
          ---------------------------------------------

Comment

FYI: Stalingrad (42-43) is not part of operation Barbarossa, it is part of operation Blue.

Barbarossa is the initial assault on Soviet Union June,22 1941

here is a link:
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I PM'd you UberKrux
              be free

Comment

Just so long as the AI is not the same as that piece of **** they put in CTP2 Then it should be a good game, in the years since Civ2 was made there has been huge advances in AI and I hope that this is reflected in the game.
                I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Working...
                X