Barbarossa AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarossa AI

I want to see the AI in Civ3 make attacks en masse. I want there to be Stalingrad like battles where fighting spills outside the cities themselves and evolves into small battles for beachheads and forts around the disputed city. Are there forts in Civ3. Will the computer attack with more than three or four units at a time?

PS. We must unite to contest the Green Army's resurrection!

they claim the ai r0x0rz. we'll see shortly.

anyway, the way i see it, if ICS is properly minimzed, with maps 6x larger than civ2's maps, there might be "neutral zones", large deserts or tundras that no one really wants (until they need oil).

colonies might be an effective way to gather resources from a desert that is 50 x 50 tiles
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

There better be large battles and a determined AI in this one or I will immediately begin my secret moves to resurrect the old front by dropping a Lordstone on my enemies, and cleaving them with a Clovis, not to mention a mrtemba and one of my most competent generals of old, Curunir, Man of Skill...

Can I get a real response to this thread Firaxis?

Beware, Imran! Clovis is watching you!

Comment

Re: Barbarossa AI

Originally posted by Akbar
        I want to see the AI in Civ3 make attacks en masse. I want there to be Stalingrad like battles where fighting spills outside the cities themselves and evolves into small battles for beachheads and forts around the disputed city. Are there forts in Civ3. Will the computer attack with more than three or four units at a time?

personally, i donot expect that much from the AI..

remember what dan had said; the AI still cheats at higher difficulty levels, to make the game harder.. if they had a strong AI programming they probably wouldnot have needed this.. and this is the most probably the reason why no one at fraxis can beat the the DEITY AI.. they've made units so cheap for the deity that u cannot manage to catch up with..

..making production cheaper & research easier for the AI will definitely make the game more difficult and more fun to play but I donot think the AI will make coordinated attacks regarding comlex strategies..

hope i'm wrong..

Comment

no... what Dan said was that the AI does get a helping hand at Deity, but everything below that is done without anything up the sleeves....

Comment

incorrect. dan said from cheiftan -> prince the ai actually cheats in your favor, at prince there is no cheating, and above prince iot cheats for itself.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Cheat is as cheat does

Originally posted by cort
              ..making production cheaper & research easier for the AI will definitely make the game more difficult and more fun to play but I donot think the AI will make coordinated attacks regarding comlex strategies..

hope i'm wrong..
              I remember my third game in CTP2 at deity level. The English (AI) had tanks and machine gunners, but my 48 Welsh cannon went in supported by a stack of storm musketeers and cavalry. And the English fools just sat there in their capitol and took the pounding until the city was defenceless. Never, not even once, did Elizabeth?s forces try to lift the siege or disrupt my attack. All of England, advanced and populous as she was, fell to the Welsh monarch in the space of 200 years.

Yes, I'm with you Akbar. Roll on a remotely intelligent opposition, but it is a pity about MP.

David
              "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

...that's because CTP2 blows like Imran blowed Brian Reynol's at the CTP Off Topic forum until Red Trotskyite dislodged Imran.

Comment

I think the AI will be much improved. They said that they started from scratch and completely redesigned stuff. I've also seen things about the AI learning as it goes along, so that it will adapt what it does. And Soren Johnson, this guy who is supposed to be a great AI programmer, is the lead AI programmer for the game.

I hope (though I doubt) that there is an option to turn the cheating (for and against you) off.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    I hope (though I doubt) that there is an option to turn the cheating (for and against you) off.
                    Easy, just choose to play at Prince level That way, there is no AI cheating. Not sure if you get different amounts of unhappiness on the different difficulty levels though.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah. That was the things that always annoyed m, in order to play against decent computer players I had to increase the domestic difficulty too which ruined the fun. I doubt this will have been addressed however I'm sure one of the many clever people at Apolyton will find a way around this for me :grovel:
                      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Re: Barbarossa AI

Originally posted by Akbar

I thing you confused things a bit. In order to have Stalingrad-like battles, you have to have multiple squares in a city (and we all know that will not happen. I do not know why you imagine Stalingrad battle to be like that, your description fits more that of a civil war
                        As for mass AI attacks, it should definitely be possible and Barbarossa-like attack would be cool. It would be very important to have AI that knows how to use second wave and reinforcements...

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                          they claim the ai r0x0rz. we'll see shortly.

anyway, the way i see it, if ICS is properly minimzed, with maps 6x larger than civ2's maps, there might be "neutral zones", large deserts or tundras that no one really wants (until they need oil).

colonies might be an effective way to gather resources from a desert that is 50 x 50 tiles
                          They do? I've only seen very modest claims so far. Nothing like the excessive display of fancily animated GIFs.

I'm beginnning to tire of this guesswork... I'm just glad the game will be shipping soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Easy, just choose to play at Prince level That way, there is no AI cheating. Not sure if you get different amounts of unhappiness on the different difficulty levels though.
                            That's the thing, I wanna see how difficult Diety will be without having warriors killing my tanks and things like that (hyperbole!)

So I don't want to always play on Prince.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I don't normally pray, but I'm praying for an AI that's AT LEAST TWICE as good CIV2, in order for me to get any challenge...
                              I'll settle for anything 1.5x or better though.
                              "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Working...
                              X