Civ3 screens at multiplayer.it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crouchback
    Wait a minute, isn't this screen a wonder movie dialogue. But they're not supposed to exist.
    Actually it is a wonder dialog, the replacement of the wonder movies.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Look at the lush greenery on either side of rivers that flow through deserts.

River/desert squares must now be excellent for agriculture.

Comment

Just a small question, will we still have the usightly AIFIRSTDEAL or AIwhatever line in the diplomacy window in the finished product? I always thought that that used to be only a betatesting tool.... it could help for scenario making, but for normal play..... Its not too big of a probem, but I'd expect someone to jump on it saying that the game is uncomplete or some nonsense along those lines.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

If these screens are final we have one big problem with the civilopedia screens, or at least this one.
          You can't read the tech name because it is overlapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            If these screens are final we have one big problem with the civilopedia screens, or at least this one.
            You can't read the tech name because it is overlapped.
            Actually the tech name in this case is "Stealth" - which makes since concidering that you would actually need the stealth technology prior to you being able to put the "oil" and "aluminum" together to get a Stealth Bomber.

It looks like anything with a "blueish" background are technological advancements and anything with a "redish" background are resources.

But you are right Gramphos, in this example, the "Stealth" Advancement name is being covered by the "Aluminum" Resource.
            This is probably just a glitch in the posting of this screen, and HOPEFULLY not a status-quo concerning the graphics interface of the Civlopedia.
            Last edited by Wittlich; October 13, 2001, 16:28.

Comment

Sorry Jingo, Faboba...but I did spend a good 10 minutes browsing those images before posting, so you had your chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                Actually the tech name in this case is "Stealth" - which makes since concidering that you would actually need the stealth technology prior to you being able to put the "oil" and "aluminum" together to get a Stealth Bomber.
                I've already figured that out.

But you are right Gramphos, in this example, the "Stealth" Advancement name is being covered by the "Aluminum" Resource.
                This is probably just a glitch in the posting of this screen, and HOPEFULLY not a status-quo concerning the graphics interface of the Civlopedia.

I hope this at least is a week or so old screen so that they have had time to fix it.

Comment

These screens are certainly more representative of the final game than others I've seen floating around lately, but I can tell they're still at least a few weeks old, maybe more.

The civilopedia was changed since these shots, the interface still shows the round buttons on the sides of the main status panel instead of the small square buttons, and the icons for the preferences, Civilopedia, and Advisors (top left) are old (compare against the screens from civ3.com).. And for the inquiring minds, the "AIFIRSTDEAL" stuff you see in the diplomacy window is indeed debugging information that you obviously won't see in the final.

Dan
                  Dan Magaha
                  Firaxis Games, Inc.
                  --------------------------

Comment

Holy cow after seeing these I SO WANT TO PLAY THE GAME NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Do the mountains have snow on them in the final version?

Dan said they did a while ago.

Comment

Happy to hear that you have changed the civilopedia screens. (Hopefully the graphics don't overlap any more.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                          These screens are certainly more representative of the final game than others I've seen floating around lately, but I can tell they're still at least a few weeks old, maybe more. Dan
                          Great shots! Can't wait to get my hands on civ3.

Comment

These shots look great! Especially that Choose you world screen, kinda reminds me of Black And White (in a good way)
                            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Everyday some new screens or articles or something...

I think I will spontaneously combust soon if I don't get this game NOW!

Help! I am a CivIII addict, and I haven't even played the game yet...

Comment

NEED ANOTHER TOWEL!!!

Wow, they look great...and still not the final versions! I figured that since the screens had major grammatical errors, they weren't final. But they still look awesome.

And now civ3.com has a countdown...AAAAARGH! Must we be tortured so???
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X