Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c189# HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

189# HAVE A LITTLE FAITH
    Do you trust Firaxis to have done a good job or are there to many signs?

By Orange

fyi, i had 2-3 submissions which should be posted before this, but given the topic i thought it would be best to post it now. normally it would be posted after the civ3 release in which case it would be totally irrelevant. my apologies to the authors of the skipped articles
    Last edited by MarkG; October 13, 2001, 02:54.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

A very appropriate and relevant choice MarkG, considering the types of discussions that have been genereated here at Apolyton lately.

I hope everyone takes this article to heart, as it basically destroys the credibility of Firaxis-bashing.

And I am sure that the authors of the other prospective articles will agree that this statement needed to be made at this time.
    Last edited by Sarxis; October 13, 2001, 03:02.

Comment

Do I hear c190 ?
      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

???

Was something more supposed to go here? Lassie, are you trying to tell me that Timmy is stuck in a chatroom listening to morons blather on about Everquest vs. Asheron's Call and can't get out to post the next column? Quick boy, go unplug the modem.

Sorry, I'm just confuzzled. At least, I didn't do my imitation of Beavis and Butthead being confused.

Edit: Hey, it worked. Make silly remarks about placeholders and the real post appears.

Comment

Wow, that was fast.

Well I hope people do take it to heart. I mean, it's ok to say that you're unhappy with something, but it's entirely different to be rude, especially to people who care so much what Apolyton has to say. You don't find that often, and because of that, you shouldn't push it away.
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

As for the Column itself, I whole heartedly agree. There has been a LOT of complaining about things people don't like recently.

Often times, I wonder if people even have their facts straight. In fact its gotten to the point where I am more interested in the occasional post to appear in the MOO3 forum than most of what is said in either Civ3 forum.

I just hope it changes when the game comes out, and real discussion can start again.

BTW, is it just me or is the Comment on this Column link at the bottom of that page pointing to the wrong spot?

Comment

Going back a few months, it was assumed for one reason or another that the game would only consist of 8 civs per game, which brought uproar to the forums. Admittedly, I too was disappointed and skeptical. What happened next? Firaxis gave civers everywhere a sigh of relief, announcing '16 civs per game as easy as a click of the mouse'. Shocking as this may come: it seems Firaxis does have some idea of what civers want.
              Ummm: BECAUSE WE B!ITHCED ABOUT IT! Good Lord...

All you 'shut up and don't complain' types owe those of us who made our dissatisfaction plainly clear a great deal, the way I see it. Left up to you, we'd still have 8 civs, ICS, and a number of horrid things in Civ.

but how dare any of you 'righteously' make rude and unproven statements that defame a man, a company, a myth, and a legend.
              Been a while since I had a good, long gag reflex. Thanks.
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

as I've said before...

being upset over no MP and posting constructive criticism is more than ok, it's what this forum is BASED on

but many people, you especially, have simply been rude arrogant *******s.

And if Civ isn't a myth, why do you waste so much time here?
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Good article on the right time. Critic is ok, but in a constructive way.

Comment

Ummm: BECAUSE WE B!ITHCED ABOUT IT! Good Lord...

The arrogance is astounding.

Next Yin will claim that everything in Civ3 was his doing.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Let's NOT have another thread with mainly characterizations of people instead of really arguments, shall we?

Thank you
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yin, I don't think its your efforts or so much your vocalness that negates your arguments, but your character as percieved by comments like this:

Been a while since I had a good, long gag reflex. Thanks.
                        does.

And what makes you think that Firaxis changed the 8 civ limit because of your rantings? Or the rantings of so many others here? I could be wrong, but at the same time, if Firaxis isn't willing to make a statement about exclusion of MP based on your statements now, what makes you think your statements back then had any influence?

Self proclaimed saviors are a dime a dozen, but good character is rare.

Comment

You guys know so little about the last two years its amazing. Did I say because of MY rantings? I said the FORUM'S rantings.

Left up to you guys, Civ3 would be less than HALF the game it looks to be.

And Hero worship of Sid along with blind faith in a money-driven company makes me gag. End of story.
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Great editorial, Orange. My feelings exactly!
                            The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                            - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                              And Hero worship of Sid along with blind faith in a money-driven company makes me gag. End of story.
                              Wow, yin26. I think you have unveiled the greatest conspiracy of all times. Firaxis is a money-driven company??? Oh my god! This is just horrible.
                              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                              - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                              X