Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ixnay37
    Lorizael:

There were 3 types of pop-ups, which have been changed in civ3. Now the important messages will either:

Appear directly as an effect on the map (fireworks for WLTKD)
    Appear as an advisor message
    Appear as a popup

This will keep the amount of info, but reduce the number of popups.
    Actually I'd already seen that somewhere but forgotten, thanks for reminding me. Definetely a good way of showing the information, now you don't have to wait 5 minutes to save and quit when your mother is calling you up for dinner!

Another to Firaxis (I just love those smilies!)
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

I should also point out that in Civ III, you can right click on cities in the map view and change production (among other things) right there. This is incredibly handy, especially when administering large empires.

Dan
      This is another evolution from SMAC where you could sort of do this through the production manager screen. But being able to control your cities through the main map directly is WAY better.

My gosh dardedness, you guys ROCK! Thanks Dan.

Comment

They giveth and taketh away

Its great that they are making it easier to manage bigger empires but they have also said the game itself makes it hard to have big empires!
        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

almost too good to be true
          *clenches teeth, crosses fingers, hoping that everything will be perfect, as promised*

Comment

Re: They giveth and taketh away

Originally posted by SITS
            Its great that they are making it easier to manage bigger empires but they have also said the game itself makes it hard to have big empires!
            Yeah, and ICS takes another hit!

Maybe then Civ III does have a sort of "rise and fall" of civilizations? I hope so!
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I think that the game will just makes it more cahllenging to have large empires, but none the less we expansianist warmonger bastards will find ways around it. So far it sounds like it will be even more fun than in any of the other games to be gigantic. And i like a good challenge anyway, with brute will and determination i'm sure that i will become just as big and mean and terrible as i was in civ2 and this time even worse because i won't get bored of all those pop ups and changing productions, instead i can just focuse i exucting people
              Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                I should also point out that in Civ III, you can right click on cities in the map view and change production (among other things) right there. This is incredibly handy, especially when administering large empires.
                Dan
                Excellent feature. Fine .Dan, is it also possibly to select orders for units only by right clicking on units?

Comment

One of the interesting areas of Computer Science / Psychology is "Human Computer Interaction".... it's all about making interfaces intuitive, usable, and friendly. It certainly looks like the Firaxians (sounds alien, don't it) were well versed in their interface design. Judging to the attention to HCI, I assume the AI and other code aspects are solid (i.e. not a hack) as well. Thumbs up for the solid job! SMAC's interface left something to be desired....and now, I see something more streamlined than imaginable.
                  Last edited by squid; October 14, 2001, 20:01.

Comment

I just hope that the map automatically recenters when anything needs new orders, and that the game-screen automatically turns to city-mode whenever a build-queue is empty.
                    I would really hate if one was forced to manually drag-around the map, and/or manually click, click and click just in order to proceed to bleeding obvious new order requirements. All actions that require player-interaction should be presented step-by-step automatically, if one wants it that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X