No announcement yet.

No Wonder movies- oh well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the wonder movies, too, but they got old.

But I saw the wonder pop-up and it looks really cool so I'll be fine.

The real "sense of achievement" is when you look back at that city 1000 or 2000 years later, see the wonder still standing, and see the age bonus for cutlure it gives you.

To look at the city view and see modern sky scrapers right along side the Pyramids.

That, is an achievement.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      I liked the wonder movies, too, but they got old...

The real "sense of achievement" is when you look back at that city 1000 or 2000 years later, see the wonder still standing, and see the age bonus for cutlure it gives you...

That, is an achievement.
      Yes!

The movie never really added to my sense of achievement: "Oh look, I acheived a wonder movie- joy! ".

But just possesing the wonder, and reaping the benefits, is where the achievement lies. (plus, the city monument screen thing I keep seeing looks like a good substitute for the movie)

Comment

IMHO, the wonder movies would have been more tolerable if they weren't soo damn long and didn't have corny music. I turned them off after my second game because I already knew they they showed and wanted to get back to my game, instead of waiting 3 minutes.

Comment

The movies were cool the first few times but like most I turned them off after a few plays. Still though they will be missed.
          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

They were ok the first time but after that they got quickly stale. So did most in Smac (although I still would let longevity play, I still love the "get off my land you peacekeeping son of a").
            The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

No good for MP games anyway

as a MPer I am glad they gone, a waste of programming time to implement sometihng that is maybe olny used once!!
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I see you all want only to watch your statistics, numbers, tables... I want something more, i like when game has a good graphics, sounds, movies, and music - this all creates climate of the game! Not only gameplay...

Did anybody of you see Diablo 2 ? Can you imagine this game without movies..?

I think todays games must have video movies, it's a standart. Now it's 2001AD, not 1994...
                Ogotai

Comment

I admit I don't get the arguement. If we're going to get a popup with a picture anyway, how much more distracting is it if it animates? You could always slap a play button down near the city view so it only runs if you want it to. Of course it might have slowed down multiplayer Better to say that the effort was put to use elsewhere.

For real newbies a link to the civilopedia screen reminding them what this thing they just built actually does and when it expires would have been nice.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

civ movies are a waste of money. once you see them it is over. it was kinda cool in civ 2 but i really do not need them today. game looks gorgeous and i am satisfied

Comment

Gimme wonder movies back now.

They weren't so long to put you out of the atmosphere.

I used to like watching at them every time I played and only switched off when I was playing a Mod Scenario because of the different new wonders.

They are only excuses for not working.
                      «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual
                        Wonder movies sucked!. They really put u out of the atmosphere. I think was a good choice to get rid of them. Really sucked.
                        I hardly know you yet I hate you.......
                        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I'm finding myself growing more and more supportive of all Firaxis do. So long as they produce ( and all things say they have ) a game worthy of being the sequel to Civ 2 then they can be forgiven

This said though I did love the wonder movies and will probably whip out my civ 2 CD every so often to rewatch either the Great Library or Di Vinchi's workshop ( possibly the greatest 20 seconds of my life. And my computer didn't even light up a *** afterwards or expect me to call it! )
                          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Kramsib, Faboba - I thought, that I am only one, who had liked the wonder movies, thanks
                            Ogotai

Comment

Working...
                            X