No announcement yet.

screen size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about how the text will appear, but the number of tiles visible onscreen is far fewer than the standard Civ2 800x600 window. Hopefully playing shouldn't be too difficult. It won't be long before we've memorised all the events and can play by icon shape and sound cues alone anyway
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
      I changed the resolution of my monitor to 1024x768, and then checked out one of the supposedly real size screen shots: is this what the game will be like on a 15" monitor?
      Bkeela.
      Where can I take a look at one of these real size screen shots.

BTW, I'm running in 1280 x 1024 on either a 17" or a 19"
      Who said we will be limited to 1024 x 768. Didn't Firaxis say there'd be a windowed version of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
        Who said we will be limited to 1024 x 768.
        I believe 1024 x 768 is the minimal requirement, that's all.

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
        Didn't Firaxis say there'd be a windowed version of the game?
        No. Full screen. We'll have to stick to alt+tab.

Comment

Wow, 15" @ 1024, that'll be the ****s!!! I've got a 17" generic that refreshes very low at 1024, and it makes my eyes strain. I guess be happy w/ what u got, huh?
          Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandous

Where is the statistical proof that "the majority" of people have a 15" monitor? Everyone I know of has at least a 17" monitor if not bigger.

Monitors are relatively cheap, I have seen several 17" monitors less than $175 on-line.

Compared to the >$300 price of several years ago this is cheap.

BTW, 1024 X 768 on a 15" monitor is not unplayable is you have a good monitor with a decent (<= .26 dot pitch) resolution on the screen.
            so it would be hell on 14'' dell latitude600 laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
              Here's another question, can you go HIGHER than 1024x768?
              Finally a sensible question, lets hope so
              Hoping that 4 is closer to 2 than 3

Comment

Working...
              X