Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Crunch
    the original owner is not going to lose anything as it is

Not paying for intangible goods is just as detrimental as not paying for tangible ones.

Its called lost revenue. They are losing potential sales by people like yourself "stealing" the product. It pushes the price up for the more reputable members of society. Also less turnover will probably lead to new games not being developed as they are not profitable if people are not going to pay for them.

It may not hurt the owners IYO but it has repercussions on those that want Civ4!
    And yet again you have missed the point of what I am saying. If the damn game is not available for sale, but I can get a copy of it, I cannot be committing a theft because it is not for sale, and there is no possible way they could lose revenue because I couldn't buy it even if I wanted to. If the game becomes available, it becomes a different matter altogether. Just follow what I am saying in this thread and other threads.

And what does this mean that Firaxis are taking care of the UK publishing themselves? It certainly sounds promising, and I think, in my eyes, shows Firaxis in a very good light, that they care about fans, whereas most companies seem to give the impression 'they aren't American, stuff 'em'. So for Firaxis:
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Didn't you say that you would not pay for the MP expansion if and when it comes out?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

From this very thread!

if we are being made to pay extra for an MP version, I will have no qualms about using warez to get the new version
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X