Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Ordering or Buying off of the Shelf -- Which is Faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, the joke's on me! Your quote from Isaac Brock threw me off--I thought you were in Canada. And this is ostensibly a Canadian thread. I hope you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Bigspear
      1. What is the rumored release date in England?
      Infogrammes says October 30 for UK and US release.

I'm probably going to pre-order it. The closest software store is EB, 50 mi away from here

So I'll probably get it early November and spare the two hours in the car.
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I'm from Canada too (Edmonton) and I looked into Pre-ordering it but I saw that the shipment could take anywhere from 5 to 10 days from the states. I used to (before napster, audiogalaxy) order lots of Cd's from various internet sites and I always found the delivery at the high end (in this case probably 10 days) as opposed to the low end of what they say. Sooooo I decided I'd wait till I saw it in stores. There's an EB in Edmonton so it should have the game fairly quickly (1 week or less).

Besides I still have to upgrade my computer and I want it preinstalled with Windows XP and most stores can't sell it until the 25th so I may have to wait anyhow depending on when I can get out and pick up a system. Any suggestions? A little off topic now but this is what I was thinking of (ASUS A7M266, AMD Athlon 1.2 , 256 DDR, Asus GE force2 MX400 are the main components --> sound good?)
        "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
        "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingo
          i ordered Tribes2 Rush delivery online, but FEDEX WENT ON STRIKE, AND IT TOOK 2 WEEKS TO GET HERE.
          LOL

Didn't it suck when you finally got Tribes 2 and found out that it sucked a$$? Tribes 2 has been the worst game I ever had the pleasure of shelling out 50 bucks (US) for.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I was wondering about which would be faster also. I was thinking of ordering Civ 3 from BestBuy.com and then choosing to pick it up at the store. Basically, I'm just reserving a copy. I have a feeling that pre-ordering from amazon.com, or anywhere else, would be a longer wait because of the shipping. Plus I would cry if on Oct. 31st I was at BestBuy and saw 50 copies on the shelf while waiting for mine to come.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Judging by some of the horror stories I have heard, I will just go to the shops on the day of release. It is what I have done in the past with civ2 and SMAC...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                Judging by some of the horror stories I have heard, I will just go to the shops on the day of release. It is what I have done in the past with civ2 and SMAC...
                Harrison, you ROCK!

I thought you were Canadian, though. Now I have to imagine you as a UKer, saying words like "****er" and "yank". Britain was smart, they sent all their criminals and religious fanatics to America. And they all became politicians. Maybe, I'll move to the UK.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can't say ****er? wtf
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I just thought of something (haven't read most posts so I don't know if it has been said), if it does come out on 30th Oct, then I'll probably get it on 31st...... Halloween. I'll (hopefully) be playing like mad, when all of a sudden....Knock knock..trick or treat.... some little sh*ts will be knocking at my door. WTF trick or treat GET OFF MY FUC*ING DOOR STEP! NOW BI*CH's ME IS PLAYING CIV3
                    "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                    "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

Pre-ordered from amazon.com. Will probably take an eternity.

Comment

If my calculations are right Nov 1 is a Friday. That is the day Best Buy is supposed to be receiving the game. Which is the place where I've already spent $10 on my pre-order. Now somehow I need to find a way to stay home from school on Nov 1. I can already tell you how I'm going to be spending my Nov 1-2-3 weekend.
                        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Of course, November 1 falls on a Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                          X