Figured out a little detail on how luxury resources work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
    BTW, can someone please tell me what ICS is? I'm trying desperately to figure out that acronym, but it's kiling me!

Thanks!
    I thought it is Infinite City Sleaze/Sprawl/Strategy etc. (making a gazillion small cities)

Comment

Nice work Akron, I'm excited to learn that larger cities grow faster than smaller ones!

It's more realistic
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

It's not that easy though, since one can only harvest resouces within one's cultural border or with colonies.
        Maybe you could build the cities on the resources and then you'd get them automatically.

Good that you bring up culture, though. It appears that this part of the game will severely limit the power of ICS, and maybe even of large empires in general. If the amount of corruption for large empires is increased, the increased strain on the economy brought by military support may make it difficult for large empires to develop culture throughout the empire, due to upkeep cost. Maybe this feature will make controlling a very large empire very difficult, at least in the early game. It certainly was in history.

Comment

I agree Akron. It probably won't be as beneficial as it was in previous CIV games. There could be many negative effects of doing the ICS.

BTW Akron, I must say once again: very nice observation. It's almost like getting news from Dan of Firaxis.

Can you do that some more?
          Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
          "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

The Forbidden Palace small wonder might ease the inefficiency/corruption strain. Plus putting cities close together might ease the difficulty of maintaining and protecting roads, which would make a large empire vulnerable to raiders.

I think Akron is right about being able to get resources by putting a city right on top of them, but you'd have to uses a settler costing 2 pop points so a road an colony sounds easier. Then there is the problem of culturally weak boarder cities defecting, and the impossibility of getting all the resources a developing economy needs purely by expansion.

On the whole I'm more optimistic on the ICS front than before, but it's finely balance.

David
            "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Hey, ICS should be a valid possibility.

It shouldnt' be as powerful, and should be much harder to support, but after all it is realistic.

Though the idea of 20 size 1 city being more productive than one size 20 isn't right, but 4 size 5 cities are mostly better than one size 20 city, unless it's some megapolis such as NY or HK.

Comment

Working...
              X