A Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Petition

It seems like most of us here are rather unhappy with the Iroquois unique unit.

How about we petition Firaxis to change it? Either get a lot of signatures here, or flood them with emails?

Something like the following might be good:

To the Development Team at Firaxis:

We, the undersigned, are disappointed in your choice of the Mounted Warrior as a Native American unique unit. We believe the choice is unrealistic and game-unbalancing, as it skewsthe UU balance towards ancient units.

Instead, we propose a gunpowder unit as an Iroquois UU, perhaps a Carabinère--a native musketeer or rifleman with a larger movement statistic or alpine capability, representing the mobility and familiarity of Iroquois warriors.

It is undisputable that the golden age of Native American civilization, especially of the Sioux and other plains tribes that the Mounted Warrior claims to represent, came with the acquisition of gunpowder weapons.

It would not be difficult to change the unique unit--a simple editing of a few statistics and a new graphic would make a great number of players happy, as well as add to the realism of the game.

Thank you.
    What d'you think?

The game has gone gold, the only possible way to change it now is in a patch later which I doubt they would do.

Comment

You can change the unit-stats easily with help of game-editors, dont worry. You could do that in Civ-2 also - didnt you knew that?

Comment

Please! If you don't like the unit, don't be the Iroquois.
        Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
        "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien
          Instead, we propose a gunpowder unit as an Iroquois UU
          Gunpowder unit? Are you serious? Yes, they used rifles - but they couldnt produce the stuff themselves. They where nature-peoples, for crying out load.

I say, give it a rest - that mounted warrior UU is perfect as it is.
          Last edited by Ralf; October 8, 2001, 16:00.

Comment

How can one b!tch about a tiny issue in a game one hasn't played?

edit: I didn't know a female dog was an issue for sensors.
            To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I really like that idea of a gunpowder unit for their UU, but the game has gone gold, so too bad.

But its only a minor thing, so it shouldn't matter too much for me. I'd rather have the game on Oct. 30 than wait another week just for this UU to be changed.

Comment

I'm starting a petition to ban any and all mention of the Iroquois on this board ever, ever again.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This is getting really stupid. Here are your choices:

1. Don't play as Iroquois

2. Don't turn on unique units

3. Deal with it, in the long run of the game, it won't make any difference

or, the best one

4. Make a few simple changes in the file to replace this unit with something else

Or are you one of those that demands the game to be "perfect" and "right"?? Let me make a point. I say that unique unit is perfect and right for the game, are you going to tell me I'm wrong or right when the ability to change just about anything in the game is expected? It's up to YOU to decide what you feel are the appropriate civs, units, tech advances, terrain graphics, leaders, wonders, attributes, etc., etc. That's why it is so easy to make changes to all of them.

Comment

What the hell do u know of iroquois golden age and the contribution of mounted warrior. I live where the iroquois "access" their golden age. Even if they were Plumed head-band in ceremonial purpose, they often ride horses for deplacement and war. It is true they were the best in guerrila tactics in mid-18 century, but when they were confronting ennemy on a traditionnal battle, they often use cavalary tactics as much a foot soldier. Be a native of the region were iroquois were active, we learn this stuff at school. So if u dont please with the choice of Firaxis then dont play the iroquois and it will end the freaking useless junk of changing stuff. Do it yourself when u will have the game. They put a lot of effort searching for the game and do the game so why not be happy that isnt push up til nest year before the release. It is one the first game that when they give a date for shipping, they respect it. So shut up and enjoy what the hard work of Firaxis will give us in a few week.
                    War is the common base of civilisation. Without war we are canadian

Comment

Another BONEHEAD Post!

How about we petition Firaxis to change it? Either get a lot of signatures here, or flood them with emails?

I'm really mad too![] Have you seen the font they are using in the game???? How could they??? It's unforgivable!!!! I'm not going to buy the game until they change it!!! Will you, Adrien, sign my petition also?

Adrien; Have you nothing of worth to post?

Comment

Re: A Petition

Seems like you are assuming without facts.
                        The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

Re: Another BONEHEAD Post!

Originally posted by bigfree1

I'm really mad too![] Have you seen the font they are using in the game???? How could they??? It's unforgivable!!!! I'm not going to buy the game until they change it!!! Will you, Adrien, sign my petition also?

Comment

I will play civ3 before I start to complain before I had the chance the gamebalance

Comment

Its an obvious fact that Firaxis did little to no research for this game...

Comment

Working...
                              X