Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiva

Lighten up Francis.
    first off my name is Josef, so i dont know where that came from, but anyway, when a game is gold and "there still working" on multiplayer ITS NOT GOOD.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Went right over Uber's head, didn't it? It wasn't the first time that's happened and it probably won't be the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark
        Went right over Uber's head, didn't it? It wasn't the first time that's happened and it probably won't be the last.

Yep.
        The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

• "Stripes" is a cool movie, I got it on DVD! Gotta love Bill Murray.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfree1
            "Stripes" is a cool movie, I got it on DVD! Gotta love Bill Murray.
            Are you sure this is relevent to the conversation? I'd check the thread you have posted in.

Damn, I am excited at the moment, this must be what it is like waiting for your missus to give birth
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Went over PH's head, too. Some of you youngsters need to be less ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Clark
                Went over PH's head, too. Some of you youngsters need to be less ignorant.
                Should one of us explain 'fully' what was meant by "Lighten up Francis"?

Hint: Watch "Stripes" (John Candy is in it also)

Comment

• i saw the movie. sorry if i have enough of a life not to remember every word of it.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Originally posted by Jingo
                    i saw the movie. sorry if i have enough of a life not to remember every word of it.
                    Worry no more, you are hereby forgiven.

Comment

• Uber why did you change your name to Jingo or am I mistaken on the true identidy of Jingo?
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• No multi-player? Does it matter in the end?

I wouldn't be too unhappy about it not having MP at this stage. So many people went on about wanting it and having to have it or they wouldn't buy the game and so on but when you think about it, who is actually going to make full use of such a feature anyway? I can't imagine anyone playing such a long game for hours on end with other players over the internet, local network or even head-to-head modem, it requires too much commitment from everyone simultaneously. How many really made full use of the feature in Alpha Centauri anyway? The game, when it was first designed over ten years ago, was primarily geared for single-player and such is the longevity of each game, I can't really see that's changed for practical reasons.

A lot may harp on about wanting MP but in the end it may just be they want it on principle because that is what is expected these days of games rather than whether they will actually use it for any length of time.
                        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• Oh Russel, oh you poor fellow:

Obviously you have not given much attention to these forums. Many people around here will only be playing the game for MP. I for one will still be buying the game but would love to have MP included. Not just for the principle of having MP included, yet for the fun that MP provides. For some MP is the only way to play and for people like yourself SP may be the only way to play. For your own personal well being you shouldn't be making such largely based assumptions about people without pertaining the proper knowledge first.
                          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• Originally posted by TechWins
                            Oh Russel, oh you poor fellow:

Obviously you have not given much attention to these forums. Many people around here will only be playing the game for MP. I for one will still be buying the game but would love to have MP included. Not just for the principle of having MP included, yet for the fun that MP provides. For some MP is the only way to play and for people like yourself SP may be the only way to play. For your own personal well being you shouldn't be making such largely based assumptions about people without pertaining the proper knowledge first.

Comment

• Um...yeah...usually you comment on the quote you show when you post a quote, FuFu.

Comment

• Re: No multi-player? Does it matter in the end?

Originally posted by Russell
                                I wouldn't be too unhappy about it not having MP at this stage. So many people went on about wanting it and having to have it or they wouldn't buy the game and so on but when you think about it, who is actually going to make full use of such a feature anyway? I can't imagine anyone playing such a long game for hours on end with other players over the internet, local network or even head-to-head modem, it requires too much commitment from everyone simultaneously. How many really made full use of the feature in Alpha Centauri anyway? The game, when it was first designed over ten years ago, was primarily geared for single-player and such is the longevity of each game, I can't really see that's changed for practical reasons.

A lot may harp on about wanting MP but in the end it may just be they want it on principle because that is what is expected these days of games rather than whether they will actually use it for any length of time.
                                The only reason I started to play SMAC again was because of MP and the only reason I will continue to play is because of MP. Have a look at the forums of Civ2 MP and SMAC MP to how strong the MP community is. If you only play SP then you missing out a lot. Trust me.
                                'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Working...
                                X