Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me, or does Firaxis only confirm the negative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, or does Firaxis only confirm the negative?

I mean, we started talking about a demo, and they slapped us down hard.

We started talking about scripting language, and Dan said there isn't any.

There's probably more, but you get the drift. It seems the only time they will admit to something positive in these forums is when it's already been posted officially somewhere else.

and yet, they consistently refuse to say anything about MP. if it wasn't in, you'd think they'd've told us so by now.

I haven't taken the time to dig much, but it seems to me that their big buildup is to be sly and secretive.

I mean, it took forever to get ANY info out of them at all!
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Its easier for them to confirm only the negative, given that they want reveal as little about the game as possible. They have given a little bit of info out on other things that haven't been brought up elsewhere, but compared with other companies, they allow very few information leaks.

Comment

I think you're right, and that it's enough of an explanation to stop MP b*tching.
      Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

That's easy than.

Whenever you want to confirm there is such and such a feature, just assume that there is and start discussing it. If it's not in one of the Firaxians will strike it down.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR: For instance, did you know that one of the city improvements is "the really really big baseball stadium". It will cause men to become less productive on certain nights while women will grow more angry. At the same time, cities with "beer processing centers" and "big screen television stores" will recieve +2 gold/turn bonuses during the baseball season, which is, I think, about 85% of the year. The negative female affects are cancelled out by the "shopping mall" improvement, but that has the side effect of negating the improvements from the "big screen t.v." stores because the women will be spending all of the money.

Dan: deny this please

Comment

Or the Firaxis game release virus that incapacitates the more educated and culturally aware citizens driving down the victim's research efforts and culture ratings.

David
            "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
              I think you're right, and that it's enough of an explanation to stop MP b*tching.
              The bitterness of a Single Player...
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

He has a point: They did NOT strike down the rumor of "no MP" so maybe it will be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  That's easy than.

Whenever you want to confirm there is such and such a feature, just assume that there is and start discussing it. If it's not in one of the Firaxians will strike it down.
                  I predict the AI will suck.

*waits for denial*
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Melios
                    He has a point: They did NOT strike down the rumor of "no MP" so maybe it will be in.
                    Or there are just some things they're too ashamed to admit. But since we're on the emotional MP rollercoaster let's enjoy the ride, today is an optimistic day, I'll save my bitterness for tomorrow.

MP is definitely in, I can tell from the tea leaves in the bottom of my china cup.

Well it beats waiting for Saint Dan of Firaxis to dole out another tantalising non-answer.

David

Ps, Wombat, better get a soft pillow cause the AI's going to kick you out of your tree my man.
                    "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

I fthis is so, then perhaps we sould start a thread about how cool it will be to play multiplayer, discuss MP strategies, and so forth.

Maybe one of us can "recieve" an email from somebody at Firaxis (not to be identified, since they're not supposed to say, officially) that talks about the cool way the MP games will function. Keep it real and believable.

Hell, even if I don't believe it, I would still participate, just for the fun. Then see if they slap us down!
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

the civ team are all members of OfAPeCiClu silly.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think not. Dan has posted several things that have confirmed good news.

Heck, there is a whole bunch of stuff that Firaxis has said is in CivIII for sure- here, at the website, and other ways.

Maybe the reason people only notice the confirmation of negative things is becuase there is so much talk here about negative things concerning CivIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                            I think not. Dan has posted several things that have confirmed good news.

Heck, there is a whole bunch of stuff that Firaxis has said is in CivIII for sure- here, at the website, and other ways.

Maybe the reason people only notice the confirmation of negative things is becuase there is so much talk here about negative things concerning CivIII.
                            Well....

If you expect the worst than anything better than that is a pleasant surprise.

Besides, few people know how the game will really be until it arrives and we can play it. Until then if people want to be pessimistic, then so what?

Comment

That's heresy, thus not allowed.

Offenders are punishable by viscious taunting.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X