Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many civs do you expect to play with on average?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many civs do you expect to play with on average?

Trial two.

This should help determine for Firaxis how many people will need screens that are compatible with 8+ civs at a time.
    1-5
    7.45%
    6-8
    17.02%
    9-12
    25.53%
    13-16
    50.00%

I don't really think it'll help firaxis decide. Civ will be going gold very soon.
    Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
      I don't really think it'll help firaxis decide. Civ will be going gold very soon.
      True, but I'm sure that they could piece together some barely adequate matrix for diplomacy or whatever other screens.

Comment

If they intended to set up a barely-adequate matrix, they've already done it. If not, it's not going to happen.
        Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by isaac brock
          If they intended to set up a barely-adequate matrix, they've already done it. If not, it's not going to happen.
          I´d rather say, if not, Firaxis really should add this feature in the first patch.
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

16 here! every time i play with 8 only 2 of the 8 pose any serious challenge. so i figure with 16 mabey 4 civs will give me a run for the money
            I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

16 - the more the merrier!

Comment

probably 10

Comment

At least 10 civs...I almost never play on maps smaller then Large. I'm too much of a builder to enjoy small maps

Comment

The maximum -- 16 -- assuming that the AI is up to it.

But I doubt that I'll play on an extremely big map, and it may turn out that the AI is suited to handling 16 civs only on the largest size world.

Comment

Actually, on the largest size world (other than custom sizes) with 16 civs, , the ai will have over 50% more space to expand than on the largest map in civ2 with 7 civs, given that both have similar percentages of inhabitable land.

Given that your playing with 16 civs and that about 30% of the map can be inhabited by cities (this includes the water squares in the city radius), each civ should have about 600 squares to play around with, if the world is evenly divided. Thats about 29 cities per civ!

Comment

9-12. Gives it a little more variety but doesn't crowd the whole place. My computer's not exactly the fastest one on the block either.
                        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I'd love to take down the full 16 (and I hope the screens can cope), but I've got a AMD K6-3D 300MHz CPU and it'll fry before my hapless opponents.

So it's just 8 for me.

David
                          "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

I would normally play with all 16 civs on a huge map. Which would be fun!
                            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

I will play only with 6-8 civs on standard or small maps because I do not have the time for the big maps.(job, girl friend ...)

Comment

Working...
                              X