No announcement yet.

Civ3 release date: American - European alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Yes. Wow. Just read the news. I can't believe it, US and UK getting it at the same time...
    I guess this changes everything. Let's just hope it turns out to be true, ie, even if the UK gets the game on October 30, they might not be "allowed" to sell it until a certain date. I hope this is not the case. And if the best projections turn out to be for real, non-UK residents can order the game from UK sites, and get the game much sooner and far cheaper than ordering it from american sites.

LaRusso, it's not only a matter of the double shipment cost (which btw was indeed cheaper than ordering directly from an American site + tax), but also Amazon.com won't send software to many European countries due to warranty/distribution issues.

edit:
    GodSpawn: *PGM takes a bow*

Comment

Originally posted by GodSpawn
      Let's wait and see, eh?

Tell you what, I'll bet you a virtual beer the UK one is out within 2 weeks of the US one...
      Ahem.

Comment

It looks like the alliance worked.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Why doesn't everybody from continental Europe just seek out people from England? It's being released there the same day as in America and I bet the shipping and handling would be much cheaper as well as quicker.
          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

There useless, there is not major differense between the Britiah and American versions, the languages dont differer much. Not enough for a major code change, yet there is a big delay. So we have to wait so they can change the box and one or two words. It's not like they have to translate every word like the conversion to Franch or German. It makes no sence
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
              There useless, there is not major differense between the Britiah and American versions, the languages dont differer much. Not enough for a major code change, yet there is a big delay. So we have to wait so they can change the box and one or two words. It's not like they have to translate every word like the conversion to Franch or German. It makes no sence
              Unless they fly thousands of boxes over from the US for sale in Europe there will be separate printing, publishing and distribution deals to be made. The authorities will want to examine the game to ensure it meets UK regulations since our software laws and definitions of indecent/age restricted material are not identical to the the US. All this sort of stuff can cause delays. Sad but true. Still, I'd rather wait a couple of weeks than risk an extra £20 costs slapped on by the ever so nice UK Customs who seem to get me every time I order stuff from America.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
              X