Thumbs up for Civ 3 interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, it the non-windowed version plays in 1600x1200 i'll be happy :P
    I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahi
      well, it the non-windowed version plays in 1600x1200 i'll be happy :P
      That's a good point for any "notebook and TFT flat monitor" player.
      As anyone know TFT screens are usually built to display better a single resolution (e.g. 1024*768 or 1600*1200).

Any other resolution will be interpolated, hence showed with less clarity, jagged definition, etc.

Can Civ III work nicely in any resolution upper the minimum required? I'm afraid not...
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
        wait till you've played the game. because you can never know how the interface is going to work till then. Of course, we hope it's going to be good.
        I agree with you. A clean desk as in Civ III screenshots seems good, but only a real interaction with the game will prove any interface good or wrong.

TBS have a great advantage over RTS: a quick access to any command is not always needed.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I like what I'm seeing in the screenshots also. I thought the CTP2 interface was pretty good, but it could turn into a clickfest. Civ3 looks fairly smooth.

Yea, but FIRAXIS always make look good no matter if it is windowed or not!!!
          You a stockholder or something?

Comment

the newer laptops will 'smooth over' alternate resolutions so the jaggedness will go away. but before i got my current laptop with its ultra xga screen i played on my desktop at home at 16x12. i just like seeing the 'whole world' at once lots of scrolling around always bugged me.
            I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

yes it looks nice...but does it still maintain custom keyboard shortcuts? or eve just keyboard short cuts. if not, then the i dont care what kind the interface looks like, it would suck.

so, let me pose a question to Firaxis:
              Whats the deal with the keyboard shortcuts in relation to the GUI and movement? i.e. are there any keyboard shortcuts, and if so, are they customizable? (awww come on firaxis...i already pre-ordered LE...its a good question too! )

Comment

Originally posted by java4me

You got that right!!!
                Are they paying you for this?!?

If yes, could contact me privately
                (of course, I don't want to share this information )
                and tell me how you got this job. I want your job!
                Sitting all day and sending messages to Ape! Jeeze!
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                X