X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Well masturbation is okay I guess but

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Ho ho ho!

Not if you play with good reliable players and play the game in nightly sessions of say 2-3 hours. Its very convivial.
    Woohoo!!!! I got a response from a Deity. Thanks AH.
    (That's really the only reason I posted)

MP can be fun but I prefer SP. But even that's not the point.

Do we know for sure that MP will not be included? Has Firaxis said anything official? (I don't know I'm asking...) Or have they just been evasive so far?

And in the end SP is the core of the game. I'm sure that most people will buy it even w/o MP. Afterall, Firaxis is a business. I'm sure they know what they'll be losing.

Edit: And how is your registration date 1969?????
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Re: Well masturbation is okay I guess but

Originally posted by Lorizael
      Edit: And how is your registration date 1969?????
      Ask and answered in at least three threads in apolyton/comunity forum.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

AH is a fake 69er...Markos just never fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
          Hmmm, interesting year number for a bug.

Comment

Thanks for never failing to point that out GP

Originally posted by GP
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Actually the social side of the game was most important to me

I'll miss stuff like the time Hydey started the game in the arctic skirt and we wouldn't restart until he'd gone right around the world and found no land

"Be a man, Hydey - play the hand your dealt"
              Man, I've been there...

it sucks to start there, but I stuck with it for a while Luckily there was whale in my capital's radius
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Never played multiplayer anyway. Didn't even bother to buy MGE . SP is just fine for me.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've never played multiplayer so I won't miss it. However, I may try it when the MP patch gets released. Why now? Mainly because everyone seems so upset about it not being included so there must be something to this MP thing.
                  "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                  "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Why MP games? Why don't you spend time with your friends and family, Horse? Are you that anti-social that the only social interactions you have are from MP games?

Personally I don't care for MP games. I can take as much time to think as I want, not harassed by incessant messages from other players.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

MP would be nice, but when it comes down to a choice between:

1. Release game now, with no mp

2. Release game later

I perfer #1

Comment

Neither did I (played MP), but I'm sure that it's going to be stunning when it finally appears. Shed no tears, MP guys, your time is coming.
                        Zaki

Comment

I played an MP game once... It was ok, nothing to write home about. But im naturally inclined to be anti-social so i wont mind an SP-only game.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ultimately it seems MP is just too slow and tedious, and you aren't really alone with all the cool new AI leaders

I know it seems sad thinking of AI's as company, but you only have to play CTP2 (and compare it to SMAC) to realise how important 'human' AI leaders are to a decent SP experience.

And from what I've seen Firaxis has done the Civ3 leaders right :b

Comment

To transpose a quip:

Playing SP is like peeing in a wet suit, you get a warm feeling but no one gets to know.

In any case, I subscribe to the view that SP is a sensible way to get to know the game before one faces a human opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by tonic
                                To transpose a quip:

Playing SP is like peeing in a wet suit, you get a warm feeling but no one gets to know.
                                So MP is like peeing on the bar table or something?
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X