Its going to be a lonely experience playing civ III all alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its going to be a lonely experience playing civ III all alone

I haven't single played a civ game for over 3 years. Once you get the mulitplayer bug, SP seems rather dull.

I'll miss the banter on icq, the arguments, Mp is like a good game of cards if you have a steady group of friends to play with. The standard of play is much much higher because any human should be able to outplay the AI.

I suppose the Multiplayers will be comparing notes on games but that will be weird.

Its like they are destroying civ playing internet communities
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

darn horse

now you've gotten me all depressed
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Talk to the leader heads

Comment

That hot sexy Foreign Advisor is out too

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

AH, use that loneliness to good effect to learn the game. You don't want to learn the game while you are playing MP, do you?
          Wouldn't want everyone else in the game getting upset that you don't know how it works, now would we....

Comment

stop working on sim golf and finish civ3's multiplayer.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Actually the social side of the game was most important to me

Sure, you could be slut and go to Gamezone for a 'quickie', but I preferred to play with a regular group of friends.

I'll miss stuff like the time Hydey started the game in the arctic skirt and we wouldn't restart until he'd gone right around the world and found no land

"Be a man, Hydey - play the hand your dealt"

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                stop working on sim golf and finish civ3's multiplayer.
                Heh, someone should have told Firaxis that 9 months ago. The announcement that SimGolf would be delayed was about 6 months too late.

Comment

Re: Its going to be a lonely experience playing civ III all alone

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  Once you get the mulitplayer bug, SP seems rather dull.
                  Get your tubes snipped and spend more multiplayer time with the mare.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yeah Horsie!

Spot on, no MP, and in depth scenario creation is looking rough. Hopefully the new additions will give me a month worth of enjoyable play.
                    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Single player is the PC game equivalent of masturbation

Its so anti-social

Comment

Don't be so sad everybody! The AI is supposed to be a lot better. They got Soren Johnson, Governors, and no cheating (which suggest the computer doesn't need to cheat).

SP games will be more challenging than they used to be. Don't give up hope yet.

And besides, what's wrong with masturbation?

And MP takes too long...
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well masturbation is okay I guess but

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          The AI is supposed to be a lot better.
                          Ho ho ho!

And MP takes too long...
                          Not if you play with good reliable players and play the game in nightly sessions of say 2-3 hours. Its very convivial.

Comment

no sexy foreign advisor...
                            sniff... sob...

"You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Agreed about taking too long, I mainly enjoyed 1 on 1 duels on small maps. TBS really needs to improve it's MP, but I have no Idea how. MP Scenario's for example help alot.
                              Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Working...
                              X