Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemo
    heh, i was wondering how they were so...ummm...perky
    That's from her tour of Siberia. I think they turn the heat off at her concerts to create that effect.
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
      I know this story!

...so anyway the Great Depression started and Pembleton started shining people's shoes for money. Five cents a shine he got, which was a lot in those days. You could take the train to San Francisco, rent an aer-o-plane and buy Norway with a nickel back then. So anyways, Pembleton got his 64K RAM computer, complete with 10-foot floppy drive and 2 (count them, 2) 8-byte disks. Of course, with that computer, you could do anything: type a resume, type a report, type an article, type a short story, type a poem, the possibilities were endless! So anyway, he attached a onion to his belt, which was the style at the time. Of course, it was one of the big white ones, you couldn't get the yella ones because of the war...
      I didn't catch this post before. Pretty funny.

Anyway, I just dreamt about Civ3 last night!

It was a pretty short as it was sandwiched between other things I was doing that I don't remember, but I was getting frustrated with the free worker at the beginning of the game because I was telling him to irrigate but he kept doing strange things like changing the square to a desert, etc. I also remember looking for the right hotkeys so he would stop doing that, since I think I was pressing "i" each time to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
        I was getting frustrated with the free worker at the beginning of the game because I was telling him to irrigate but he kept doing strange things like changing the square to a desert, etc. I also remember looking for the right hotkeys so he would stop doing that, since I think I was pressing "i" each time to do it.
        That was probably because CivIII has different shortcuts. Instead of "Irrigate", "i" now stands for "Irritate player" command. You were lucky that the worker did not destroy city walls.
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Only day dreamed. Never at night.

Comment

Working...
          X