Dreaming about Civ3?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming about Civ3?!?!

I post this and a poll because last night I actually had a dream about playing Civ3. Yes, I may be pathetic but I can't deny the fact it happened. It feels kinda like getting real drunk one night, doing something stupid (eg. Hitting on your friends sister/mother/grandmother) and regretting it (feeling stupid) in the morning.
    Hence, this poll I am curious to see if I am the only loose nut out there.

PS: The game played quite well in my dream and I believe I slept longer and better because the game (at least in my dream) had that "one more turn feel". I didn't want to wake up!! The graphics were smooth and crisp. And the diplomacy well I could go on.....

Man am I pathetic.
    Yes, and I'm proud of it!
    30.11%
    No, of course not!!
    33.33%
    I hate to admit it. "Yes". Boy I AM pathetic.....
    12.90%
    Who cares you idiot! You suck and so does your poll.
    23.66%
    Last edited by Simpleton; October 4, 2001, 17:43.
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

not yet anyway

No, not yet anyway. After i get the game, and play it for hours and hours before i go to bed. . or if i played it very consistently (ie, every day for a long time) then i probably will. It's happened with other things too. I had a dream just the other day about playing Gran Turismo 3, because i've been playing that alot recently. I've also had dreams about playing Minesweeper and Chess, and various other games, after playing alot of them.
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Well, civ2...I suppose that counts...so I voted yes. It was a scary dream too
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I voted yes, but that isn't true AFAIR. But like connorkimbro said- once I start playing CivIII 18 hours a day, the rest of my day will be spent in blissful repose, dreaming and recollecting my CivIII victories, defeats, and naked wome... er.. I mean my wife.

Comment

No, I've never had a dream about a computer game (or at least i don't remember ever having one). But daydreaming is a different issue.

Comment

I've never had a dream about a computer game AFAIK. But I do remember having several dreams about video games that I played in my youth (I'm 33) like Street Fighter, etc. These games are probably before most of your times.

Comment

I am eagerly awaiting civ3, but I have never dreamed about it, nor do I see myself doing so in the future. No matter how good it is, it's only a game. There are much more important things on my mind
              Last edited by Sabre2th; October 4, 2001, 21:06.

Comment

You forgot an option

"No I but I wish I have"

But I am in school 7 hours a day and most of what I do there is daydream about Civ 3.

This gives new meaning to the word, obsession
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeeech....Judging from the results of the poll I guess I should rethink ever, ever, ever making another poll...

On the other hand, at least I know I'm not alone in my psychosis.....
                  "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                  "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I always dream about good games the first week or two I play them, but this is the first time I dreamed about a game before it came out -- and this had to be the funniest dream I can remember...

After spending too much time reading the posts, I went to walk the dog and found he'd made a mess on the floor. (Can't really blame him... I made him wait forever.)

Anyway, I then went to bed and dreamed that I installed the Civ 3, went to the options screen, and one of the game options, right along with size of the world, was for the behavior of your dog, ranging from "angelic" to "the devil."

Comment

I've found that giving an option in the poll that says "You suck" almost always takes a significant portion of your voters. If you don't give them the option, they can't vote for it.

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT SIMPLETON!!!

Comment

I had a dream about SMAC...

But none of Civ3.

Comment

Well, actually, just last night, but that was the first and only time...

Sabre2th:

You're right about the you suck option. It was just such an attractive option that i had to pick it.
                          Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

i have this recurring nightmare that civ3 won't have MP
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

My dream went like this:

Mariah Carey, Claudia Schiffer, and Miss October are in my apartment, all dressed like Victoria's Secret models. Mariah and Miss Oct start getting it on in my bed while I watch. Claudia then comes over to me and whispers in my ear, "Hey baby, wanna play a little Civ III?"

Then the fireworks go off and I wake up and light a cigarette.
                              Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Working...
                              X