X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ III close to going Gold!

Use the link below and scroll to October:

"Oderint dum probent"

Not only that, but in today's update, Rich mentions that yesterday he got the "Gone Gold" email from Firaxis, but that a couple of minutes later he received another one asking him to delay posting it. I guess that some last-minute issue arose.

But it's close. Maybe tomorrow!!

I do hope that they don't wait till the 30th to release it!! Once it goes gold, it shouldn't take more than 15 days or so. Maybe the 23rd.

Jesse.
    Ole wir fahren in den Puff nach Barcelona ... Ole Ole! Ole Ole!
    Lesbisch, lesbisch un ein bisschen schwull
    wir bumsen hier, wir bumsen da, wir bumsen hier, wir bumsen da
    tausend nackte weiber auf dem männerpissoir

Comment

well, i can talk about 2 games in that page

1) i dont think civ3 is being published by Activision

2) SimGolf has been pushed back to early 2002
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So if they are that close to going gold - you think that they would be able to tell us whether or not they are going to include MP.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
          So if they are that close to going gold - you think that they would be able to tell us whether or not they are going to include MP.
          I figure that question will be anwsered a) this Friday in ask-the-team or b) when someone atually gets the game in-hand. But then again, I'm just guessing.

Here's a quote from GoneGold.com:

Had a close call... Yesterday, I received an official notice that Civilization III had gone gold. Two minutes after the e-mail, I received another asking me to hold off on posting, because it may not be true at the moment. Talk about a quick let down. The good news is that the game will hopefully be gold in a day or two and will ship on the 30th of this month.
          Doesn't sound too official if they're not even sure if it's true or not. I'll wait for the Civ3.com announcement. I doubt Dan would actually not update for such a momentous announcement

Comment

I'll believe this stuff only when Firaxis confirms it. Until then, it really is only speculation.

Comment

I've been reading Gone Gold for many years and Rich will not post a 'Gone Gold' before confirming it with the proper people. Other sites may jump the gun but not Gone Gold.

Comment

Gone Gold means that the game is finished and that the publishers can now start copying the game to CD right?
                Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
                  Gone Gold means that the game is finished and that the publishers can now start copying the game to CD right?
                  oh frugging yeah
                  Retired, and it feels so good!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
                    Yup. I've never been to Gone Gold, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be close to finishing. I won't get my hopes up until Firaxis says something themselves, but it's good to know things are happening.

Comment

I noticed after posting that Gone Gold lists Craptivision as the publisher. Maybe I won't trust the site after all........

Comment

Well it should be damn close. I would expect it is as near as dammit finished...

I like the look of it, complicated, yet still intuitive and relatively simple once you grasp the basics. What makes civ great.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have found Gone Gold to be extremely accurate with their announcements, in fact I can't think of a single time they "jumped the gun" on one.

Needless to say this will be one of my first sites to check over the next few days. Its getting close, I can almost taste it (tastes like chicken.....mmmmmmmm chicken)
                          Call me Frank.
                          To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If it goes gold in a few days why will it take until the 30th to SHIP it!? Wouldn't that be more like the 20th!?!? oh erg....

Comment

TBH, I would rather them take the extra weeks to search for bugs than ship it out early.

30th is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X