biological/chemical weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tventano
    In the dark ages sometimes diseases were spread by the attackers of a city.
    That's right. During the plague (Black Death), armies would catapult infected corpses over the walls of castles and fortresses.

And about Hitler. I think he would have used everything he had. He was building nuclear weapons, and he almost succeeded.
    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Iceius

Sorry, mate, no spy unit in Civ3.

WHAT?!

no way! when did this happen????

there better be a replacement!

how do you steal techs, plant nukes, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo

WHAT?!

no way! when did this happen????

there better be a replacement!

how do you steal techs, plant nukes, etc?
        There is an espiange menu now instead an actaul unit you can move around the map
        Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

that sounds dumb.

me:
          "hey Abe, I'll give ou $500 bucks if you let me spy on you and plant a nuke"

my advisor:
          "I dont think they americans will accept that deal"

Abe:
          "throw in a corvette, and some rubber resources and you got yourself a deal"

what fun is that? ...a menu?
          oh well, i hope it is something MUCH different then what i imagine. is there a link for a screenshot? (i seemed to have overlooked something)

Comment

that sounds dumb.

me:
            "hey Abe, I'll give ou $500 bucks if you let me spy on you and plant a nuke"

my advisor:
            "I dont think they americans will accept that deal"

Abe:
            "throw in a corvette, and some rubber resources and you got yourself a deal"

what fun is that? ...a menu?
            oh well, i hope it is something MUCH different then what i imagine. is there a link for a screenshot? (i seemed to have overlooked something)
            The Espionage screen is going to be different from the Diplomacy Screen (according to Dan). You will pay your spys to steal the money, not make a deal with the leader himself.

What some people are suggesting is that you will also pay money to protect your own civilization, i.e. counter-intelligence.

IIRC there is a wonder... I forgot what it's called... that will help in your Espionage efforts.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
              You will pay your spys to steal the money
              for real? pay the spy to steal money? isn't that a little odd?

spy:
              "it will cost you $500 in equipment for me to steal $250 from the Romans."

ummm, how would that work? it sounds weird.

Comment

I don't believe there is any option to steal money, you go into the espionage screen and select what you want the spy to do to what city (nuke, posion water supply, steal tech, incite revolt) and then you pay them to do it. So it's essientaly like having the old spy but instead of having an actaul unit to move up to the city you just tell them what city to spy on pay them some money then reap the benefits.

Comment

While a know a few players who like to meddle with spy's and/or nukes, I'm much more inclined to conventional warfare. It just gives me more satisfaction to rush tanks over vast plains to tear down the defenses of the enemy's haughty-looking city.

Other types of warfare usually conjure images of cowardice before my mind's eye.

Comment

True, I've always enjoyed the sight of a succesfull Blitzkrieg, but i do hope you have the ability to plant nukes in other cities. The only thing that would be even better then that, would be to be able to plant nukes and blame it on another civ. All you have to do then is sit back and enjoy the fireworks......

Comment

I personally always use all of my resources, spys, nukes, franchises, and convential forces. It doesn't make a different to me as long as it gets the job done

Comment

for real? pay the spy to steal money? isn't that a little odd?

spy:
                        "it will cost you $500 in equipment for me to steal $250 from the Romans."

ummm, how would that work? it sounds weird.
                        Umm, woops, I mean steal techs, plant nukes, all those nice little spy options.

My strategy usually never involves spys (except for defense). I just rain nukes and cruise missiles on my enemy, then come in with Helicopters and Paratroopers
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah I kinda like the idea of not having little spy dudes and caravans everywhere. It becomes kinda tedious to micromanage after a while. It would be kinda cool if, when you establish an embassy, it is atually established in a city and can thus be targeted by other civs and what not to interfere with diplomatic endeavors.
                          "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

it takes out micromanagement of units and puts in micromanagement of another screen

its like "i want to steal robotics from the romans" "it will cost me 1000 gold to attempt"
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
                              One word: banana.
                              you do not like the super sheep?

Comment

I'm loving this new way of spying! It's much like it was in Master of Orion. It does eliminate much of the micromanagement.

Hopefully, we'll be able to invest a certain amount into espionage every round so that you don't have to keep going to the menu at every turn to get something done. Also, I think it should take some time before the task is complete.
                                Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                                "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Working...
                                X