No announcement yet.

United Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should do away with this stupid Win-the-UN-Council-and-Win thing.
    UN should be a forum where all Civs can discuss international affairs, and make regulation, rather than a way to win the game.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Thats the good thing about the game options at the start of Civ 3. It allows you to play the game the way You want without forcing everyone else in the entire world to also play the way you want to play.

Just turn off diplomatic victory
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        One other idea: Free Slaves

Since all workers and settlers can now be captured, there should be an option of getting them back at the end of a war...
        Unless I took them, in which case they'll work for me till they die. (which they wont, cuz im a nice kind of guy )

Work, slaves, work!!

Staszek, I dont think Firaxis will implement these things, just fun to talk about
        So you can capture other civ workers to be your slaves?, like in Call To Power?

Comment

Re: UN realism

Originally posted by civcop
          If you wanted a realistic UN in Civ 3 then you would have a huge bloated beurocracy that has very limited actual power (as opposed to supposed power) and messes things up as often as it improves anything.
          Many people complain against UN (in real life), still none had a better idea working

As any large (quite democratic) organization, it's not the best way to take quick decisions, still is the best option for long term strategies to keep the world unite in a single piece.
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Jamison
            So you can capture other civ workers to be your slaves?, like in Call To Power?
            Yes!! Any unit that has a defence strength of 0 can be captured. This list includes settlers, workers, scouts, catapults, and i think other artillery type units as well. Although i havent played CTP, so i cant say if its the same
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X