Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will be possible to offer other civ to BREAK a pact in exchange of other stuff???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will sustain this thread until Friday, day which Dan overlooks this forum.
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Comment

from civ3.com

Our new diplomatic model will allow you to put nearly anything on the table when making deals with other civs. You can trade a variety of things, including:

Cities
      Gold (lump sum or per turn)
      Technologies
      Luxuries
      Resources
      World Maps
      Contact with other civs
      Diplomatic Agreements, which can include the following:
      Peace treaty
      Right of passage pact
      Mutual protection pact
      Military alliance against a common enemy
      Trade embargo against a common enemy

Comment

Yeah, but nothing about BREAK pacts in exchange of... u know what i mean.
        Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
        Asesino_Virtual

Comment

yeah that bothered me too

it still has the old option of dealing with the relations between you and a civ , but not abusing how that civ treats another

I hope such options are in, but its likely they are not. therefore the best we could do probably is ask that civ (britian) to just join you in fighting of the other (rome)
          "Maybe, just maybe my guys can hold 'em off... yeah... and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot" - Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness

Comment

I always wanted the "stop building that Planet Buster or feel my wrath" type option. Not that in SMAC anyway the other civ's cared about you getting upset.

Or maybe a stop building that project, nuclear weapon, etc and I'll give you this city.

Comment

yeah, would be cool
              Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Asesino, no offense, but every time I see your name, the first thing that comes into my head is 'Ascetic Virtues'.

Comment

I'm coming out of my silence to say this(not by choice of doing limited posting but by crappy Netzero, but all will change when I get DSL on Oct. 8):

Possibly the Mutual Protection Pact could include what you are looking for Asesino.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I think a Mutual Protection Pact is where you and another civ agree that if an attack is made on either one of you, you both go to war. Like NATO, only defensive
                    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

It could also mean that the English wouldn't give the Romans (who are enemies with your Civ) a right of passage knowing that the Romans might attack you. Or am I betting on too much of a sophisticated AI?
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                        Or am I betting on too much of a sophisticated AI?
                        Yes.
                        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                          It could also mean that the English wouldn't give the Romans (who are enemies with your Civ) a right of passage knowing that the Romans might attack you. Or am I betting on too much of a sophisticated AI?
                          Firaxis did an excellent job with the SMAC diplomacy model, they know there stuff when it comes to making diplomacy fun.

The biggest challenge will be having the AI accept sensible deals, the SMAC AI was fairly good in this regard (it wouldn't embark on a self-destructive alliance lightly). I have faith in Firaxis to be able to make an even better AI for Civ3, particullary when it comes to being able to accept a reasonable offer, rather than always having to rip off the human...

Comment

I too think the Civ3 AI will be much improved upon Civ2 and as well as SMAC, but what I was hoping for was a bit of a stretch on the efficiency of the AI.

Comment

Yes... the main thing SMAC AI lacked was (a lot!) of tweaking, it seemed to play to slightly different rules, as if the AI was "finished", then a bunch of features added/modified, without the AI being updated. (the best example of this is the AI being unable to utilise crawlers, forests and treefarms properly)

*Most* of the flaws in the SMAC AI could have been fixed with a patch, which unfortunately never came. (Not even with Alien Crossfire )

Firaxis policy on patching SMAC seemed to be "if it isn't completely broken, dont fix it". And because the AI half worked, that was good enough .

Lets hope they support Civ3 better, and update the AI every so often as new winning strategies are discovered.
                              (Or is there some unwritten law about not improving AI in games )

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                                Asesino, no offense, but every time I see your name, the first thing that comes into my head is 'Ascetic Virtues'.
                                And ur nick with Ana Kurkicoba. Are u so hot?
                                If we translate my nick to english, would be: Virtual Assassin.
                                Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Working...
                                X